Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Legends is a holistic agency that specializes in delivering solutions for legendary brands. We approach each project with our 360-degree service solution. Our Global Planning, Global Sales, and Hospitality service solutions collaborate on every project to ensure success across each of our six verticals including professional sports, collegiate, attractions, entertainment, international, and conventions.
Our intellectual property is our people. It's our expertise that makes up Legends. We know what it's like to be on the team, business, or athletic department side, which drives our passion in creating solutions for our partners. Collectively, our leadership has over 300 years of experience in sales and sponsorship, analytics and valuation, hospitality and operations.
Global Attractions is the newest business vertical and is quickly expanding. Starting with One World Observatory sitting high above Manhattan at the top of the tallest building in the Western hemisphere and now expanding all over the world, the Attractions vertical brings together all of Legends 360-degree capabilities to develop unparalleled experience in one awe-inspiring space, featuring some of the most spectacular views and newest technology around the world. For each location, we operate the tour experience, ticket sales, hospitality offerings, special events, and sponsorship - all to elevate the guest experience at the top. Some of the venues include One World Observatory in NYC, OUE Skyspace in LA, The Observation Deck at CEB Tower, The View at the Shard in London, Sky View Observatory in Seattle, Skyrise Miami, and more.
Positioned at the top of One World Trade Center, the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere, on levels 100, 101, and 102 – One World Observatory provides guests with unique, panoramic views of New York City, its most iconic sites, and surrounding waters from 1,250 feet. A customized guest experience complements the seemingly endless views - which evoke feelings of the City’s signature pride, hope and determination - including special interactive experiences and dining options, plus a sit-down restaurant.
In 2016, One World Observatory received awards and recognition from the Concierge Choice Awards (Winner: Tourist Attraction), Themed Entertainment Association (Thea Awards for Outstanding Achievement), TripAdvisor (Top U.S. Trending Summer Attraction), and Lonely Planet (Favorite Online Listing).
The Role: The Bartender is responsible for positive guest interactions while accurately mixing and serving beverages to guests and servers in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Utilize high quality spirits, liqueurs, fruits, fresh herbs and spices to create sensational drinks for guests at the ONE bar and steakhouse
- Greet guests, take beverage orders from the restaurant servers or directly from guests
- Mix drinks, cocktails and other bar beverages as ordered and in compliance with company standards
- Maintain bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages
- Provide information on wine characteristics, evaluate guests needs, make appropriate suggestions and serve wine using proper wine service techniques
- Work with culinary team to create mixers and garnishes for beverages
- Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol
- Handle an assigned bank and follow all cash handling procedures
- Collect payment for drinks served and balance all receipts
- Ensure that the assigned bar area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for mixing beverages and serving guests, prepare inventory or purchase requisitions as needed to replenish supplies
- Serve food items to guests seated at the bar
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of food and beverage products, menus and promotions
- Maintain a clean working area by sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of glass doors and windows, etc. as needed
- Provide guidance to guests at One World Observatory inclusive of dining options and general New York City attraction information
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Keep work area clean and organized
- Organize Catering Storage Areas
- Attend mandatory meetings
- Perform general cleaning tasks to adhere to health and safety standards
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor
Exemplifies the 7 Pillars of Legends
LOOK THE PART
EVERYONE WORKS AS A TEAM
GUEST SATISFACTION IS OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY
EMPATHETIC AND EDUCATED EMPLOYEES
NO LIMIT ON EXCELLENCE
DO YOUR PART
SAFTEY AND STANDARDS
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to work long hours and flexible shifts including: mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Experience as a bartender for at least two years
- Extensive knowledge of drink recipes
- Know how to create and execute one of a kind drinks
- Must be able to create and serve drinks in a timely manner
- Extensive knowledge of wines
- Must maintain personal hygiene and a well groomed appearance standards
- Ability to work independently or in a team during set up and execution of service
- Willingness and drive to exceed the guest expectations
- Ability to effectively listen and take direction from supervisor
- Must have excellent knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Must be personable, friendly and welcoming
- Ability to read, speak and write English Language in order to communicate with guests
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items
- Ability to transport up to 50 lbs on a continuous basis
- Must have a working email to communicate with your managers
- Phone numbers given at the time of interviewing must have a voicemail set up and not be full
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
Position reports directly to: Restaurant Manager
Positions directly reporting to this position: None