Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BARBACK – ONE WORLD OBSERVATORY (NEW YORK, NY)
Legends is a holistic agency that specializes in delivering solutions for legendary brands. We approach each project with our 360-degree service solution. Our Global Planning, Global Sales, and Hospitality service solutions collaborate on every project to ensure success across each of our six verticals including professional sports, collegiate, attractions, entertainment, international, and conventions.
Our intellectual property is our people. It's our expertise that makes up Legends. We know what it's like to be on the team, business, or athletic department side, which drives our passion in creating solutions for our partners. Collectively, our leadership has over 300 years of experience in sales and sponsorship, analytics and valuation, hospitality and operations.
Global Attractions is the newest business vertical and is quickly expanding. Starting with One World Observatory sitting high above Manhattan at the top of the tallest building in the Western hemisphere and now expanding all over the world, the Attractions vertical brings together all of Legends 360-degree capabilities to develop unparalleled experience in one awe-inspiring space, featuring some of the most spectacular views and newest technology around the world. For each location, we operate the tour experience, ticket sales, hospitality offerings, special events, and sponsorship - all to elevate the guest experience at the top. Some of the venues include One World Observatory in NYC, OUE Skyspace in LA, The Observation Deck at CEB Tower, The View at the Shard in London, Sky View Observatory in Seattle, Skyrise Miami, and more.
ONE WORLD OBSERVATORY
Positioned at the top of One World Trade Center, the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere, on levels 100, 101, and 102 – One World Observatory provides guests with unique, panoramic views of New York City, its most iconic sites, and surrounding waters from 1,250 feet. A customized guest experience complements the seemingly endless views - which evoke feelings of the City’s signature pride, hope and determination - including special interactive experiences and dining options, plus a sit-down restaurant.
In 2016, One World Observatory received awards and recognition from the Concierge Choice Awards (Winner: Tourist Attraction), Themed Entertainment Association (Thea Awards for Outstanding Achievement), TripAdvisor (Top U.S. Trending Summer Attraction), and Lonely Planet (Favorite Online Listing).
The Barback will be responsible for setting up the bar before each shift and throughout service, while supporting the bartender’s efforts to serve One World Observatory guests by keeping the beverages, ice and glassware stocked.
- Deliver necessary equipment and beverages from storage areas to the bar
- Set up beverages and glassware behind the bar. Remove unnecessary glass racks and boxes from the bar
- Check the draught beers to make sure they're working and that they're not empty. If they're empty, change the kegs
- Set-up bar equipment including shakers, tongs, spoons etc.
- Prepare garnishes by cutting fruit that the bartender will need during service
- Pick up and distribute liquor and non-alcoholic beverages from the storage areas
- Replenish beverages, fruit, glassware, napkins, etc. throughout the event
- Keep the bar area neat and clean before, during and after each shift. Including but not limited to bussing glassware, moping behind the bar, trash removal, wiping down all surfaces, draining ice, and cleaning dirty glasses in the dishwasher
- Provide guidance to guests at One World Observatory including, dining options and general New York City attraction information
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Help serve beer and wine to customers when the bar gets very busy
- Inventory Beverages - Organize the Liquor cage and marry bottles as needed
- Keep work area clean and organized
- Organize Catering Storage Areas
- Attend mandatory meetings
- Perform general cleaning tasks to adhere to health and safety standards
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Ability to work long hours and flexible shifts including: mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a continuous basis
- Basic knowledge of drink recipes
- Must maintain personal hygiene and a well groomed appearance standards
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting during set up and execution of service
- Willingness and drive to exceed the guest expectations
- Ability to effectively listen and take direction from supervisor
- Ability to be on your feet for long hours
- Ability to bend and squat
- Ability to work independently or in a team to get tasks done quickly
- Must have basic knowledge of food preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Ability to read, speak and write English Language in order to communicate with management and guests
- Must have a working email to communicate with your managers
- Phone numbers given at the time of interviewing must have a voicemail set up and not full
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing