JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Custody & Fund Services – Head of Competitor Analytics – Executive Director
at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 170087396
J.P. Morgan is a premier corporate and investment bank with a full suite of global financial services and capabilities. The world's most important corporations, governments, financial institutions, pensions, sovereign wealth organizations, states and municipalities entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We offer strategic advice, lend money, raise capital, help manage risk, extend liquidity, buy and sell securities and provide many other banking services in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan Custody & Fund Services provides Institutional investors access to markets worldwide for the settlement, safekeeping and asset servicing of securities, along with ancillary services such as Foreign Exchange and Liquidity Solutions. This product suite, along with our Markets business, helps us service our core client segments: Asset Managers, Asset Owners, Insurance/GSEs, Banks/Broker Dealers and Hedge Funds and Alternatives.
Drive competitive analytics and draw insights across the securities services industry. Requirements include subject matter expertise in the following:
1. Competitor strategic priorities
2. Competitor financials
3. Industry and segment wallet sizing
- Develop deep understanding of competitor strategic priorities, areas of focus, strengths, and weaknesses to support JPM positioning. Act as subject matter expert, conducting training / info sharing as needed and responding to ad hoc partner requests
- Track and analyze competitor financials (metrics, profitability) to assess trends and draw conclusions on drivers of variances to JPM. Create and deliver executive level presentations to communicate updates to management
- Conduct wallet sizing analysis - at the product and segment level - to gauge JPM share. Analyze industry trends to develop future outlook and formulate growth projections
- Engage with external consultants to complete industry benchmarking. Oversee other ongoing activities including quarterly reporting, monthly newsletter production, and document management
- 5 years of securities services industry experience, preferably in consulting, strategy and/or business development
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to drive global initiatives across multiple stakeholders and support groups. Must maintain an "objective" view of client economics and (diplomatically) challenge existing status quo processes and procedures, where appropriate
- Detailed understanding of the top-to-bottom PnL drivers of CFS client value including revenue, expense and capital drivers
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills, and ability to influence/articulate/explain to senior management is a critical requirement
- Success will require close partnership across the global CFS Product stripes and functions, global Sales teams, as well as key groups including finance, technology and operations.
- Strong value system and sense of ethics
- Absolute dedication to premium quality