Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson (JMT) is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, construction management and inspection and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. Established in 1971, JMT has a 49-year history of providing the highest quality services to its clients resulting in tremendous growth in the NYC metropolitan region. This growth has created the demand for JMT to seek outstanding talent to join its Team to help meet this demand.
JMT is seeking Electrical Construction Inspectors to carry out Construction Management and Inspection Services in the New York Metropolitan area. Projects may include Aeronautical lighting installations and infrastructure, electrical distribution systems for buildings, electrical switchgear and substations, and high tension work. This position requires the ability to stay late or come in early as needed, in addition to night and weekend shift work.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Read and interpret plans and specs and prepare written contract administration documentation such as daily narratives (work reports), special inspection reports, daily time and material records, and document unit price work
- Identify potential extra work issues and keep the Resident Engineer advised of potential issues
- Prepare estimates of extra work and related sketches and documentation
- Review plans for constructability and prepare comments
- Review contractor payment requests and provide comments to the Resident Engineer
- Working knowledge of the latest National Electric Code, NFPA 72, Building Codes, FAA Advisory Circulars and testing criteria for all types of electrical systems. Also have knowledge of Commissioning and Testing of Equipment
- Willingness to learn and an ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written. Verbal communication includes speaking with the Resident Engineer, other contract staff, and facility staff both in person via two way communication
- Valid Driver's license required
- Trained in OSHA 30-hour construction safety, fall protection, confined space and permit required confined space entry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred
- 10 years experience inspecting construction work, varied in size (projects ranging from $200K to $25 million plus) and complexity (multiple crews and crew sizes per shift) preferred
- Mechanical, civil, and structural knowledge preferred
- Excavation and concrete paving preferred
- NICET Level 3, Electrical Power Testing, Fire Alarm Systems and Work Zone Safety Certifications preferred
Work is performed in the field. Ability to extensively perform bending, kneeling, standing, shoveling, and lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 25 lbs as needed. Work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Planning Organizing/Time Management
- Job Proficiency
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
- Integrity & Ethics
- Quality Service
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.