The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
This position will be located in Dannemora, NY.
The Project Manager will serve as the Engineer-In-Charge of various projects ran out of the Dannemora Field Office for various clients. Reporting directly to the Program Manager or Regional Manager, this position has Management level employees on the project as direct reports. This may include Design and Procurement, but would focus on the overview of the General Contractor and the immediate construction of the project, as well as Controls. This position is client facing and would be the direct contact as the highest ranking onsite Owners Representative with an emphasis on ensuring Schedule, Cost, Scope and Safety.
• Monitor all projects and coordinate with Design and Construction staff to ensure project health
• Coordinate and communicate project activities between project EICs and Design Project Managers
• Conduct a review and analysis of bi-weekly reports
• Compile bi-weekly photos and a Project Health Assessment report to the client Project Manager
• Monitor all schedules in Primavera P6 to ensure accuracy and timely completion of project work
• Intervene with project activities when necessary to ensure adherence with intended schedule and timely completion of project work
• Assist with evaluation of claims and develop mitigation plans to prevent schedule impacts
• Perform additional duties as deemed necessary
• Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline, Construction Management, or Architecture required
• 5 years of experience as a Project Manager in an Engineering, Environmental or Construction organization required
• 10 years of experience in a project related construction field required
• Strong working knowledge of pre-design and pre-construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, team building and client relationship building required
• OSHA 30hr certified
• Proficient with web-based submittal collaboration systems
• Proficient with project scheduling software (i.e. Oracle Primavera)
• Cost estimating/negotiating experience
• Knowledgeable experience with the Uniform Code and NYS Supplement
• Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Professional Engineer (PE) or Architect license/certification preferred
• Correctional facility experience is a huge plus. Building additions and renovations are a must.
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.