Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Learning & Organizational Development Manager
Learning and Organizational Development Manager
New York, NY
Bring passion to all you do?
Challenge the status quo?
Champion continuous improvement?
Appreciate diversity in culture and in thought?
Insist on evolving solutions and embrace new ideas?
Believe HR is an active and integrated partner to the business, culture, and success of an organization?
ITHAKA is seeking a Learning and Organizational Development Manager (L&OD Mgr) to join our dedicated Work Life & Culture (WLC) team.
As the Learning and Organizational Development Manager, you will work with the Work Life and Culture team in partnership with business leaders across the organization for the development, sourcing, content creation and curation, and overall execution of training needs for the ITHAKA organization.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to own the strategy but also stay close to the business by managing the development and execution of programs. Your focus will be on sourcing and delivering high-impact training that maximizes learner participation, comprehension, and application via a variety of methods. You will provide practical guidance and counsel on topics such as talent management, staff and manager development, organizational effectiveness, diversity & inclusion, and new hire onboarding. In addition to being a subject matter expert, you will anticipate needs and areas for improvement and transformation drawing upon your experience and industry best practices.
Our mission and culture shape who we are and how we operate. The right individual for this role is someone who is as passionate about the culture and mission as the work they are doing.
As a member of the Work Life and Culture team, you will enjoy the benefits associated with engaging and problem solving with a team of professionals that share your commitment to quality service, continuous improvement and success.
- Lead the design of annual learning, organizational development strategy and planning including: goal setting, project scoping, research and analysis, content creation and/or curation, delivery methodology, and implementation.
- Establish, monitor and regularly report on learning and organizational development metrics: tracking participation/engagement, evaluating effectiveness, measuring ROI, and proactively improving and evolving training as we learn from our experiences.
- Conduct ongoing needs assessment and diagnosis, identifying individual and team learning opportunities for managers and staff.
- Lead manager development program in collaboration with the WLC team, including professional development for managers, continued development of a manager toolkit, and new manager training and coaching.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that programs support and align with ITHAKA values, OKRs (Objectives and Key Results), business priorities and outcomes.
- Lead enterprise coaching activities (internal and external) including coaching strategy evolution, enhancement of internal coaching capability, ensuring consistency in coaching experiences and evaluation of coaching outcomes.
- Counsel business leaders and team members in all aspects of performance management via frequent and meaningful conversations to include performance feedback, goal setting and development planning.
- Provide direct support and coaching to all levels of leadership as they develop themselves and their team members; identify lessons learned and recommend topics for further dissemination. Manage internal/external coaching and mentoring engagements and assess their effectiveness.
- Develop meaningful learning and development programs to focus on internal talent and internal mobility.
- Coordinate with WLC partners and key stakeholders to guide the organization in prioritizing and developing learning plans by leading the sourcing, implementation and customization of development initiatives, ensuring they are aligned and integrated to support talent management.
- Develop, manage, and facilitate regularly scheduled learning events.
- Continuous socialization, communication, and rollout of curriculum to optimize employee engagement and utilization.
- Continuously build leadership bench strength and effectiveness based on talent assessment, succession planning and development plans, and in particular, insights gained from the annual Talent Review process. Serve as an internal coach to high-potential employees.
- Ability to facilitate learning utilizing a combination of venues and platforms, including instructor-led training, speaker series, self-study, blended learning, and e-learning. Support our staff and managers with opportunities for on-the-job and experiential learning.
- Develop and coordinate new hire training for all positions in collaboration with department subject matter experts; ensure that new hires have been provided all information and resources needed for successful job performance.
- Develop innovative and effective Diversity & Inclusion training programs that reflect the latest thinking and best practices in the field; may also conduct/facilitate training.
- Continually build knowledge of the Diversity & Inclusion landscape and emerging issues and opportunities
- Develop and manage relationships with external consultants and vendors. Maintain contracts, and routinely assess relationships, tools, and technology to ensure quality and effectiveness of programs that are repeatable, sustainable, and cost effective.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years experience in human resources, leadership, management, organizational development or related field; any combination of degree achievement, professional experience, volunteer work, and other transferable skills may be applied toward these qualifications.
- Proven ability in building and developing new learning and development programs and strategies organizationally, and leadership development programs in particular.
- Knowledge and curiosity in the most current thinking in the fields of leadership, professional, and organizational development.
- Outstanding ability to build and maintain partnerships and relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation/facilitation, written and verbal communication, coaching, and consulting skills. Ability to assess needs, influence, collaborate, deliver, and partner across all levels of the organization.
- Passion to invest in and continuously develop a culture of learning.
- Enthusiasm for a continuous improvement and coaching approach to management and people development, and sharing knowledge to empower others. Ability to receive feedback and course-correct when needed.
- Interest in digging beneath the surface to understand root causes to enable strong solutions.
- Understanding of how to adapt content and conversations to meet the needs of your audience seamlessly switching from strategic to operational thinking as needed.
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to research, learn, and present new topics as requested.
- Highly developed critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Sharp business acumen and the ability to link learning solutions to organizational impact.
- Must be flexible to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize, and carry out multiple detailed tasks.
- Experience with MS Office and/or Google Suite; ability to quickly learn new systems and processes.
- Some travel (10-15%) required.
Work for ITHAKA
We are committed to our organizational values of belonging, evidence, speed, trust, and teamwork.
Our team is passionate about our mission and supporting one another. We enjoy working together to create opportunities for people to learn and grow out in the world, and we bring that same commitment to helping our teammates develop in our careers and our lives. One of our core values is belonging. We embrace differences, and believe that the things that make each of us unique are the things that help us see new insights and build better solutions.
Learn more about Working at ITHAKA.
Interested candidates can submit their resume, a detailed cover letter, and salary requirements.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, domestic violence victim status, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, or other status protected by law.