Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Interior Architects
Interior Architects translates client goals, brand and culture into powerful environments built around people, processes, technologies and business drivers. Our clients in diverse markets worldwide require high-performance, visually compelling and sustainable environments to move their enterprise forward, support their culture, engage their staff, integrate technology and drive efficiencies. As architects, designers, workplace strategists and environmental specialists in the largest global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interiors, we help clients articulate and align their business strategies and core values with the dynamic use of space.
Our team members are collaborative, creative, professional, expert and entrepreneurial. Joining our team requires skill, daring, leadership, teaming, humor and a love of interiors. We are presently searching for a Designer for our New York office. The Designer, working under general supervision of a Senior Designer or Project Manager, provides design support primarily in project administration, design development and contract documents.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Works with team to develop design ideas and create drawings
• Drafts technical drawings
• For smaller projects may oversee all design and drawing
• Provide review of engineering drawings to ensure they comply with design solution.
• With Senior Designer, researches and selects fixtures and finishes to use for projects
• Ensures integration into overall design
• Preliminary space plans for larger projects
• May develop and finalize space plans for smaller projects
• Works with Intermediate Designer to review space plans and tackles more complicated issues
• Provides detail for interior design projects
• Develops and delivers overall design and furniture packages for small to medium projects
• Assists in developing packages for larger projects
• Obtains cost estimates and produces final cost estimates
• In unusual circumstances may be required to assist with support for field surveys
• Manages design budget for assigned projects
• Ensures adherence to set budget and immediately informs Senior Designer, PM and/or client of any potential variances to the budget
• May mentor the work of Junior and Intermediate Designers
• Oversee tasks and provide feedback on work product
• Conducts client interviews to determine space needs and requirements; good working knowledge of Affinity program tool
• Graduate of architecture or design school: equivalent experience may be substituted
• 5+ years’ experience in corporate interior design projects
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Extensive knowledge of design principles and aesthetics in corporate interiors
• Advanced knowledge of space planning
• Extensive knowledge of furnishings and finishes
• Familiar with the concepts of furniture layout
• Advanced sketching and rendering skills
• Advanced interior architecture detailing skills
• Working knowledge of CDs and procedures
• Working knowledge of building systems, codes and ADA requirements
• Working knowledge of path of travel requirements
• Working knowledge of contract administration
• Intermediate MS Office Suite skills
• Advanced Revit skills
• Advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills
• Proficiency with InDesign and 3Ds Max
• Demonstrated ability to manage and lead junior staff through a combination of direct authority and subject matter expertise
For the majority of the time the Designer will be sitting in an office with limited physical requirements. This may require individuals to bend, stretch, twist and reach. On occasion individuals will be required to visit a client site to perform site verifications and field surveys. The position is not subject to occupational and safety risks.
Please submit a portfolio or work examples with your application
Interior Architects, Inc. (IA) provides equal opportunity in all aspects of recruitment and employment to all persons without regard to their race, color, creed, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital status, nationality, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunities.