Reliable, cost-effective clean energy is more important now than ever. As New York transitions to a clean energy future, it needs a partner that can match its storied energy. For our client, this is nothing new. Since 1963, our client operated one of the largest, cleanest, and most reliable conventional power generating facilities in the region. Today, they are pursuing an exciting growth-oriented strategy. This includes modernization of the existing facility, the addition of the largest battery storage project on the US east coast to help achieve New York’s ambitious clean energy goals, and other opportunities to play a key role in the energy transition taking place in New York State.
Our confidential client is seeking a reliable Vice President of Commercial Management to join their New York team.
If you’re a person who wants to be part of doing something meaningful, and you can see the potential for positive change and understand what needs to be done to make it happen, this is the place for you. If you’re willing to roll-up your sleeves, work hard and take ownership of solving real problems, you will fit in perfectly. Imagine what you can achieve together.
As the VP of Commercial Management, you will be responsible for revenue and treasury functions by effectively completing the following duties:
- Develops forecast of revenue projects.
- Designs and implements effective strategies to hedge.
- Leads independent analysis of bidding strategies for income optimization.
- Leads commercial negotiations for operating assets.
- Retains oversight of Energy Management Contractor and Fuel Management matters.
- Continually monitors the status of the company’s assets and provides strategic plans for increase in profit.
- Manages treasury / cash management functions.
- College degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or another relevant field required; Master’s degree preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with NYISO.
- 10-15 years related experience.
- Experience within the power generating stations required.
- Experience with Energy, Renewable and Development is required Demonstrated proficiency in managing commodity portfolios.
- Demonstrated success in negotiating offtake agreements for comparably sized assets.
- Able to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation and extensive benefits package.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. Together we strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.