Our client is a highly specialized, consulting company with a mission to empower global change agents in food and nutrition through 360-degree insights, strategic planning, and stakeholder engagement. Led and run by registered dietitian nutritionists, they understand the science behind the trends, and they work with key opinion leaders to engage their core audiences and positively impact consumer behavior. Their clients range from multinational food manufacturers to technology, pharmaceutical, and agricultural companies, to leading commodity boards and global NGOs. Our client is committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion within their company, their industry, and our communities.
Director of Client Services - Remote
As the Virtual Director of Client Services, you will oversee all the current US-focused client work, including health professional engagements and insights, honing strategic focus, asking “what’s next?”, and leading and inspiring account teams. Your primary job functions are to provide strategic oversight on current accounts, strengthen client relationships, grow existing accounts, and provide leadership and guidance to account teams in line with our client’s values.
What you will be doing:
- Develop strong client relationships by providing strategic counsel and managing accounts to consistently achieve business objectives.
- Build and lead diverse, effective, and resilient account teams by mentoring, motivating, growing, and retaining team members.
- Demonstrate independence and autonomy with respect to responsibilities and exhibiting a deep understanding of the clients, their industry, the account, and our company.
- Participate in new business development, company-wide initiatives, and manage finances and resources efficiently.
The experience that will contribute to your success:
- 10+ years’ experience in food and nutrition-related communication agency or consulting firm.
- Deep knowledge of the food and nutrition landscape.
- A growth mindset and the ability to be flexible and open to thinking of new ways of doing things.
- Commitment to our values of quality, integrity, thoughtfulness, and leadership – both for yourself and by fostering these values with the team.
- Exceptional client service skills and the ability to think ahead and manage relationships with multiple clients and stakeholders.
- A passion for contributing to a sustainable business both through direct responsibility for maintaining and growing current clients and participation in new business initiatives.
- General business acumen, budget management, communication, leadership, and mentoring skills.
What we offer:
- Values - driven work and culture.
- Workplace flexibility.
- Competitive compensation.
- 401K program with match.
- Professional development opportunities and membership fee reimbursement.
- Supportive team.
- Potential global opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.