Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Medical Director
at Huntsworth Health
New York, NY
Evoke Health is a full-service agency focused on the healthcare industry. Evoke partners with leading pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device clients—consistently delivering unparalleled levels of strategic service, creative, and technological innovation that build richer and more effective interactions between our clients and their customers.
An Associate Medical Director at Evoke Health ensures the clinical and medical relevance of projects and activities of assigned accounts within the agency. The role requires deep understanding of our clients’ products (mechanisms, clinical data, competitive differentiators), the conditions they treat (disease mechanisms, epidemiology, standards of care), and relevant prescriber details (practice behaviors, prescribing decisions and trends).
The Associate Director is responsible for medical strategy input in the overall planning of accounts, scientific excellence of content developed within the agency, and education/training of agency staff. The position will interact internally with client service, strategic planning, and creative staff, and with clients as required. The successful candidate will be equally comfortable training junior agency staff on product mechanisms, interacting with client Medical Affairs on relevance of clinical data, and interviewing external clinical investigators.
- Maintain expert understanding of clients’ product approved Prescribing Information, as well as those from relevant competitive medications
- Monitor relevant disease categories for ongoing publications or updates to labeling
- Identify trends and insights within assigned disease categories, providing regular updates to internal staff and clients
- Leverage understanding of client products and disease categories into a clinical perspective for account planning activity
- Provide medical and scientific direction for specific projects, including identification of relevant data sets and recommendations on both copy and visual representations of data
- Review content for medical and scientific accuracy
- Maintain relationships with relevant client medical affairs, clinical development, or medical information staff as needed
- Provide ongoing training and education for internal staff members
- Participate in new business opportunities as needed
- Contribute to agency thought leadership activities
- Advanced degree in life sciences: PhD, MD, PharmD
- 0-1 years of experience in a healthcare communications agency, medical education, medical communications company, or pharmaceutical manufacturer
- Experience translating scientific or clinical data into presentation formats
- Experience in live presentation of scientific or clinical results to various audience types
- Experience interacting with leading researchers and other professionals in the biomedical/pharmaceutical industry
- Authorship in peer-reviewed publications, or presentation of abstracts at major scientific/medical conferences
- Expert written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of biochemical mechanisms, clinical research and statistical analyses
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical marketing and details of promotional compliance
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
About Evoke Health:
Evoke Health is a full-service health and wellness agency with a heritage of innovation. The agency has built an outstanding reputation for creating evocative, award-winning marketing platforms that educate, inform, and inspire action. With offices in New York and Philadelphia, and a global reach through their agency network, Huntsworth Health, Evoke Health is comprised of marketing professionals dedicated to pioneering new and better ways to communicate between brands and people.
It is our goal to provide our people with the best possible support and environment to grow and thrive. Our culture is entrepreneurial – embracing yet not stifling. We work hard because we love what we do. We believe strongly in intelligent innovation.
Evoke Health provides an exciting and flexible work environment, competitive salaries and outstanding company paid benefits including medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement. Visit Evoke Health at www.evokehealth.com. Evoke Health and Huntsworth Health are equal opportunity employers.