Hub International Limited
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hub International Limited
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 6568
- Manages a book of insurance business, while acting with a high degree of independent discretion, autonomy, and decision-making.
- Provides professional, courteous service to our clients, carrier representatives, underwriters, business partners, and HUB colleagues, resulting in a rate of account retention that meets or exceeds expectations.
- Provides a high level of support to Producers in obtaining, maintaining, and expanding business.
- May also be responsible for account rounding and the development of new business as appropriate and in accordance with standard practices, policies, and procedures.
- Makes major decisions independent of manager approval on books of insurance business for which the incumbent is responsible.
- Works closely with Producers and other HUB personnel on all aspects of client service, marketing, and renewal while adhering to HUB’s best practices and standard procedures.
- Oversees the preparation and implementation of all transactions, paperwork, and internal processing for assigned accounts.
- Acquires understanding of clients’ insurance objectives and critically analyzes and compares insurance plans to determine suitability. Stays abreast of changes in the insurance industry and other external conditions that may impact their clients. Makes appropriate recommendations to clients in response to those changes independent of manager approval.
- Acts as liaison between clients and insurance carriers to resolve escalated complex service issues that require policy interpretation and experience based judgment to resolve. May also negotiate with underwriters and carriers. Troubleshoots claims and billing issues.
- Responsible for overall retention of accounts in assigned book of business.
- Develops new business from existing accounts and assigned leads, and contributes to meeting departmental production goals. Identifies and follows-up on cross-selling opportunities when appropriate.
- Manages, organizes, and conducts client meetings when necessary.
- Appropriately documents conversations with clients and carrier representatives and updates all HUB computer systems and automated agency management systems when necessary. Ensures the accuracy of data in those systems.
- Travels on company business as required.
- Prepares reports for management as required.
- Oversees functions performed by lower level Account Managers and Assistant Account Managers as required.
- Supports, mentors, and trains lower level Account Managers and Assistant Account Managers, as necessary.
- Attends industry related continuing education training and courses.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- At least 3 years of experience and demonstrated proficiency in an insurance Account Management role in required lines. Brokerage experience is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills.
- Superior customer service and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and automated agency management systems.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work a regular, full-time work schedule at HUB’s facility(s) and ability to travel on business when required.
- Some supervisory, project leader, or team leader experience preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent; AA and/or college degree preferred.
- Currently licensed in good standing in required lines and states.
- Current with all necessary CE credits in required lines and states.
- Advanced professional designation highly desirable (e.g. AAI, ARM, CIC).
- The preferred candidate will be self-motivated and well organized, with a proven ability to
multi-task in a fast paced team environment.
- Good oral & written skills are required.
- Experience in the insurance industry an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products