Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operations Manager (Temporary)
at Highgate Management
- Requisition ID
- Job Location
- US-NY-New York
- Arthouse Hotel New York City
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate’s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry’s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
NYLO NYC has been renamed to Arthouse Hotel New York City. Over the past two years, the hotel introduced artful programming and imaginative events to the Upper West Side, including Silent Cinema nights, weekend Flower Markets, and holiday pop-ups. Arthouse Hotel was conceived as a celebration of creativity and community— a gathering place where guests will feel at home and connected to New York culture. An exciting renovation is currently planned to debut late 2019. Award-winning firm, Michaelis Boyd, renowned for their work with luxury lifestyle hospitality projects including Soho House, is leading the design.
The Temporary Operations Manager is responsible for planning and directing operations to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Assist the Director and Assistant Director of Front Office with managing the Front Office operation; in addition to providing support to other departments in the hotel (F&B, Housekeeping and Engineering)
- Provide strong lobby presence to assist front desk agents and guest
- Provide all aspects of shift coverage in F&B operations as needed
- Balance the hotel room type inventory
- Ensure all areas of the lobby, Mezzanine level and F&B operations are functioning to Paramount standards (e.g. cleanliness, guest only in authorized areas, bathroom cleanliness, outdoor cleanliness and conditions, elevator cleanliness and functionality, Signage standards)
- Monitor and action Nor 1 upsell program
- Handle guest’s special requests and customer complaints during shift.
- Perform all other front desk duties and responsibilities.
- Investigate and handle complaints, disturbances, emergencies, etc. during shift
- Manage Employee Payroll, track attendance ADP, time edits, and conduct call-arounds for OT as needed
- Coach, train, counsel hourly associates and administer discipline as needed
- Perform some Night Audit functions, able to review all Night Audit related functions and able to produce Night Audit reports.
- Prepare, copy, and distribute reports as required.
- Handle special guest requests.
- Attend and contribute to periodic meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field; or a 2-year college degree and a minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in a related field; or a 4-year degree and a minimum of 1 year of progressive experience in a related field.
- Previous supervisory responsibilities
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by manager
- Must have current FLSD license.
- Must be willing to work overnight shift.