Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Mass Merch Sales
at Harper Collins
We are currently seeking an innovative and dynamic leader to lead our adult Mass Merch Sales team as VP, Mass Merchant Sales. The VP, Sales will help set and implement strategic direction of the department as well as direct the day-to-day business of the Mass Merchant channel. The ideal candidate will have experience in book, media, retail merchandising, or other relevant industries in a senior leadership role, and respond well to a fast-moving and fluid work environment.
- Directs sales effort for adult books for all formats in the mass merchant channel including both retail and wholesale accounts including Walmart, Target, Costco, Sam’s, BJ’s, Hudson and other airport stores, supermarkets, and ReaderLink.
- Leads a team of 13, with 5 direct reports. Fosters a culture of cross-team collaboration and ongoing development.
- Establishes and maintains business relationship and top-level contact with account base.
- Acts as Sales lead for this channel to publishers of the four adult trade divisions.
- Participates actively in publishing process by providing sales estimates and consultation on potential house acquisitions, plays significant role in all publishing meetings in-house, as well as with authors and agents.
- Creates and implements seasonal promotions.
- Monitors and delivers sales targets.
- 10+ years of experience in book, media, retail merchandising, or other relevant industries in a senior leadership role
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners
- Experienced leader, with strong management skills and ability to coach, provide feedback and grow talent
- Strong record of building and fostering effective teams
- Exceptional communication, analytical, and negotiation skills
- Outstanding rapport building and networking skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Established working relationships within the publishing industry and deep knowledge of consumer and industry trends a plus
- Possess a proven track record of working collaboratively with key stakeholders to develop and deliver mutually beneficial financial results
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office, and comfort in learning new applications and proprietary in-house systems
- Travel required up to one week per month, or more frequently as directed by business needs
- Strongly prefer the position be based out of NYC office
- Passion for reading and talking about books
Location and Travel:
- This role is primarily based out of NYC
- Travel will be required for non-local candidates to the NYC Office approximately one time per month
- Additional travel may be required up to 15% of the time dependent upon business needs
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.