Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HCM - Employee Relations - Vice President - Bengaluru
at Goldman Sachs
- Job ID
- Schedule Type
- Full Time
- Vice President/Executive Director
- Human Capital Management
- Business Unit
- Employee Relations
- Employment Type
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with
strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm’s most valuable asset, our people
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Employee Relations (ER) team acts as an internal consulting group that advises employees and managers on resolving workplace issues in a fair and consistent manner and promoting positive behavior throughout the firm. ER Operations is the group within ER that is responsible for all central ER
functions that support ER, HCM and firm processes. The primary focus of ER Operations is to drive improvements to gain efficiencies and help further reduce risk to the firm. This person will work closely with the APAC Head of ER, APAC ER Advisors, India ER Advisors, Warsaw ER Operations team as well as the global ER Operations team to assist in enhancing the strategic direction and analytics of ER. This position entails broad-based strategic, analytical and logistical work and close collaboration with global and regional ER teams on a variety of projects and initiatives. This person will require excellent judgment and project management skills.
- Provide project management skills to oversee projects across a variety of areas: such as developing new or enhancing existing technology systems to support ER; working cross-divisionally on key regulatory and business initiatives, etc.
- Execute and oversee a range of processes that support the work of the APAC and India ER advisors, and globally where appropriate
- Be a main point of contact between the ER Operations team and the APAC Advisors for key deliverables
- Assist in managing the reporting and metrics process for APAC ER. Use strong analytical skills to understand ER metrics and develop key metrics relevant to key stakeholders
HCM – Employee Relations India
- Support APAC ER Advisor's on daily ER casework, including processing records and maintaining databases and files
- Provide oversight and management of the involuntary termination process
- Assist in driving forward the APAC ER business priorities and support in managing the agenda for relevant team meetings
- Prepare presentations to senior management / firmwide and other committees, using strong written and verbal communication skills
- Oversee support processes for the management of APAC ER, such as budgets, business planning and other administration
- Provide a point of contact for other internal functions (e.g. Legal, Stock Plan, Compensation Accounting, Compliance, Procurement, etc.) and help to coordinate ER cross-functional projects
- Provide assistance in managing local vendor relationships (e.g. Hewitt, outplacement provider, etc.) ensuring service level agreements are met
- Assist in developing ER training materials and in facilitating training.
- Contribute to the interpretation and development of firm policies
- Other projects and assignments as requested
- The following key skills are required for the role:
- One year of HCM or related GS experience
- Excellent project management and organizational skills; ability to own, drive and set strategic direction for multi-faceted projects
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Business Objects), and the ability to learn new software programs effectively
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information in a discreet manner
- Excellent judgment – knowing when to escalate an issue combined with a willingness to be flexible
- Strong ability to multi task, prioritize and juggle numerous priorities to competing deadlines Ideally, the person would also have the following:
- Ability to think strategically and influence at all levels
- Ability to balance risk management with commercial delivery of projects
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in teams (ability to both lead and do the work)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with diverse groups of people at all levels in the organization
- Strong presentation skills. Understanding of HCM/ER policies and processes
- Strong client service attitude and sense of urgency
- An understanding of APAC employment rules would be helpful, but not essential
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity