Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Global Currencies & Emerging Markets - Analyst - London
at Goldman Sachs
- Job ID
- Schedule Type
- Full Time
- Global Markets
- Business Unit
- EMEA CEM
- Employment Type
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Application Opening Date: 22 July 2020
Application Closing Date: 18 August 2020
Global Currencies & Emerging Markets (GCEM) is a global, cross-asset business covering EM Interest Rate Products and Credit cash and derivative products as well as both G10 & EM foreign exchange derivatives and one delta products. As the firm’s currencies market making desk, GCEM FX 1D trading manages the financial as well as operational risks inherent in market-making in currencies products across regions. The desk works with a broad base of institutional investors including banks, asset managers, insurance companies and hedge funds. The FX One Delta effort focuses on the secondary trading of spot, forward and cross-currency products with both EM and G10 underliers servicing our global franchise.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Responsible for market making for various FX crosses in EMEA time zone.
- Responsible for risk management, identifying new client opportunities and the expansion of business with new and existing clients, drawing upon the Firm’s resources to deliver the best in class services to the Firm’s clients.
- Analysis of our pricing and hedging including analysis of large data sets to drive strategic improvements to our electronic trading.
- Understand the regulatory and supervisory environment and demonstrate ownership of our obligations and responsibilities under this.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor’s degree, equivalent or above required
- Prior experience gained from working within investment banking/financial services industry required
- Experience with FX trading processes, business facilitation, implementing business processes and client services required
- Sound approach to risk-management, both operational and market risk
- Familiarity with clearing, give-ups, allocation, confirmation and downstream processes
- Proven ability to articulate risk view, dialoging with clients and sales alike to build and support a franchise
- History of productive interaction with other groups, especially sales, trading, and a broad range of internal stakeholders across various front, middle and back office functions
- Track record of learning new skills and adapting to new technologies
- Capable of handling appropriately situations involving live risk, whether market risk or operational risks.
- Strong excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be a collaborate team-player
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity