Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EMEA Emerging Market Desk - Senior Analyst - London
at Goldman Sachs
- Job ID
- Schedule Type
- Full Time
- Senior Analyst
- Global Markets
- Business Unit
- EMEA CEM
- Employment Type
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Application Opening Date: 22 July 2020
Application Closing Date: 18 August 2020
The desk is looking for a strong candidate with a solid operations background to join the team in a trading-operations role with a diversified set of responsibilities. We envision that the role grows and evolves over time to build further on the candidate’s skill-set.
The product set covered by the desk spans structured credit (TRS, CLNs, structured repo, repacks etc.), structured rates (swaptions, GS & third party EM currency notes etc.) and other bespoke transactions (deal contingent hedges, CVA-related trades, etc.). The desk has experienced strong growth over the last years and is looking to continue expanding opportunistically into new business lines. In addition to the revenue generating trading activity above, the desk is also responsible for management of CVA/FVA, ALM and capital/attributed equity for all of EMEA EM.
The ideal candidate should be motivated, driven, enthusiastic about financial markets and products, eager to learn and to develop a comprehensive understanding of all products traded and functions performed by the desk.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Helping traders with day to day bookings and amendments.
- Analysing and evaluation existing booking flows, taking ownership of developing and executing projects to improve efficiency and drive automation where possible.
- Liaising with and managing all internal stakeholders as they relate to existing and new booking flows (including sales, strats, traders, ETR, drafting, settlements, FMs) .
- Helping traders manage the business unit’s ALM, including preparing relevant analysis to be communicated to business unit PMD or other trading MDs.
- Navigating internal stakeholders as it relates to the development of new business (e.g. through RNAC process).
- Ultimately, the desk is looking for the candidate to develop into a COO-type with full understanding of all aspects of the operational flows of the desk, and a strategic vision to drive them forward.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor’s degree, equivalent or above required
- Prior investment banking/financial services industries experience with strong operations background required
- Experience of interacting/collaborating with traders and other internal stakeholders required
- Experience with documentation and trade review for interest rate products required
- Strong expertise in interest rate products, business facilitation and knowledge of ISDA documentation, trade capture process for structured products and risk management required
- Project management experience with demonstrable involvement with continuous improvement and automation initiatives required
- Experience of working across various functions to ensure prompt and accurate representation of complex trades
- Proficiency in MS office and keen interest to learn new and proprietary technologies required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be a collaborative team player
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity