Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CIMD - UX Designer - Analyst/Associate - New York City
at Goldman Sachs
- Job ID
- Schedule Type
- Full Time
- Consumer Banking, Private Wealth Management
- Consumer and Investment Management Division
- Business Unit
- PWM Design
- Employment Type
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The firm’s Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, combines the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with more than 150 years of experience. Today, we serve millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools, and our partnership with Apple on Apple Card. We use innovative design, data, engineering and other core capabilities to provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we are looking for leaders and individual contributors to join our team.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond
The Private Wealth Management (PWM) business provides end to end Investment Management services and advice across a large range of asset classes for high net worth individuals. PWM leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to onboard and service clients. Our software helps realize a client’s goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service.
In Private Wealth Management, we help our clients pursue their wealth management goals through careful advice & astute investment management. We work closely with high-net-worth individuals, families and select foundations and endowments to develop wealth and investment management strategies. We then identify investment opportunities to help them reach their objectives. We complement these services with robust execution capabilities and attentive client service. PWM Design is responsible for building a strategic platform to deliver client experiences through digital channels.
PWM Design is looking for a highly-motivated, versatile UX designer who is able to work in a collaborative, iterative design organization. The role will be responsible for conceiving and designing for data-intensive, client facing experiences. The UX designer will be an advocate for the user, proposing designs for key elements of the overall user experience that are clear, focused, and easy to use.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
How you will fulfill your potential
- Collaborating with product managers, business stakeholders and technologies to understand and act upon key business requirements.
- Contributing to new feature definitions and exploration from concept through execution within an integrated team that meets business needs, user needs and technical capabilities.
- Delivering design via concept sketches, wireframes, user journeys/flows, information architecture
- Understanding and command of design thinking principals and ability to run workshops
- Applying a visual design system (through a symbol library) to work and developing prototypes as needed
- Partnering with other UX/UI designers and developers to deploy user-friendly mobile-first customer experiences
- Seeing product additions/enhancements from concept or research to deployment and optimization
- Assisting senior design team in creating design rationale and specifications
- Advocating for clean, simple user-centered interfaces
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for simplicity and user empathy
- Good working command of Sketch and InVision–Figma a plus
- Strong foundations in information architecture, user flows, and related artifacts that clarify and organize complex information systems and business scenarios
- Experience designing solutions for mobile-first responsive design
- Experience creating designs (high-fidelity wireframes) for a complex system environment that leverage large amounts of content/data but provide simple, intuitive interfaces
- “Clean” presentable work, while not expected to be a full-on visual designer, work should show a strong sense of hierarchy, spacing, and placement to convey how an interaction interface should work
- Ability to apply modern UI patterns to work and ideally show consistency of those patterns across a wider system
- Success creating and launching work in a large production program with product managers, engineering, and design
- A track record of designing product that has been shipped (concept work is not sufficient)
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience with user research and usability testing is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity