Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Project Manager (AEM)
at Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- US-NY-New York - National Office
- Posted Date
- Information Technology
For over 100 years, we have helped girls develop the skills and confidence they need to blossom into their best selves. From our earliest badges in electricity, aeronautics, and natural sciences to today’s all girl robotics teams and cookie entrepreneurs, girls have challenged themselves through our skill-building opportunities, worked with inspiring role models and developed lifelong friendships.
Based in Manhattan, GSUSA is currently looking to hire an experienced Technical Project Manager to work hand-in-hand with our current AEM Vendor as our in-house resource to help manage all GSUSA applications currently on the AEM platform, girlscouts.org, Volunteer Tool Kit and all Council Websites. This position will be the stepping stone to building out a larger development team. Join us on our exciting journey to make a significant difference for our parents, volunteers, councils, and most importantly, our girls.
- A true technologist who enjoys complex and extensive web application development and has significant expertise in complex content management solutions.
- A hands-on Technology Project Manager.
- Serve as the Project Manager for Production support and enhancements on the shared Adobe platform for all council websites and girlscouts.org.
- Serve as the Project Manager for Production support and enhancements on the Volunteer Tool Kit on the shared Adobe Platform.
- Manage project life cycle from initiation thru delivery of the finished product (e.g. a migrated web site) to the council client. Develop project scope, time and cost estimates, time lines, budgets, deliverables, etc.
- Schedule and facilitate regularly scheduled project team meetings for digital projects to review progress and risks
- Identify potential issues and mitigation plans to ensure that project delivery remains on track
- Assist clients in achieving strategic objectives through technology solution implementation, taking a technical leadership role in some circumstances.
- Translating business requirements into technical details relevant to Adobe CQ5.
- Ensuring quality of code is a high priority for themselves and other team members.
- Designing reusable CQ5 components for authoring content.
- QA/Unit testing with team.
- Troubleshooting and defect remediation.
- Understand the client's technical environment and how they use technology to provide the best, focused advice.
- Provide input into estimating engagement activities and execute engagements following the Agile methodology including SCRUM.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working closely with Enterprise Architect and internal IT teams on Technology Roadmap Items and overarching Infrastructure work.
- 2-3 years minimum Project Management Experience
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience in the development industry.
- 2-3 years minimum technical experience with Adobe CQ5/AEM content management systems.
- Web portal back-end development experience.
- End-to-end knowledge of the web application space including web server configuration, tuning, proxies and load balancing.
- Strong background in scalability and automation.
- Strong Java/J2EE/JSP experience - minimum of 4 years developing large system applications.
Girl Scouts of the USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.