Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Product Management Senior Associate - Data and Statistics - Research and Statistics Group
at Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
As part of the Applied Strategy and Practices team in the Statistics function, the Product Developer functions as an experienced product owner who provides thought leadership and hands-on support in designing and developing new products using low code solutions, such as Data Wrangling tools like Alteryx, Robotic Process Automation technology. This role works closely with subject matter experts in Statistics to take great ideas that align with strategic vision, perform data analysis, and develop as brand-defining products that will enrich services offered by the Statistics function. This role provides data insights to drive the alteration of Statistics processes and makes recommendations for viable products to executive leadership and business stakeholders. A key focus of this role will be to develop business intelligence related products in support of a new measurement framework to enable the team to continually monitor process performance and operational risk in support of the Data and Statistics Function.
Product Development Responsibilities:
- Conducts research and market analysis to identify future state capabilities required to support the functions strategy
- Partners with Procurement, Technology, Data Capabilities Office, and key business stakeholders to manage the end to end product development life cycle
- Lead and facilitate deep dives into key strategic inquiries, including articulating the question, gathering relevant data, conducting analysis, and drawing forward-looking conclusions
- Design and develop low code solutions such as Data Wrangling tools like Alteryx, Robotic Process Automation, Optical Character Recognition, and Business Decision Modelling software
- Create visualization, metrics, and business intelligence to support analysis and process improvement capabilities
- Articulate and communicate business results and strategy via presentations and written communications
Data Analysis Responsibilities:
- Evaluates data produced by the Statistics function to gain strategic insight as a result of data analysis
- Monitors Statistic process flows continually for the enhancements of quality, reliability, cycle time and effectiveness
- Partner with technology and data scientist to create data models and metadata requirements to support BI requirements and in support of new measurement operating framework
- Develop and execute project plans for the assigned projects and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Assist in the planning, implementation and introduction of projects for new applications and technologies
- Support organizational capability through continuous improvement activities; identify improvement opportunities, generate ideas and implement solution
- Expertise: Demonstrates the essential knowledge/skills needed to perform the job.
- Execution: Gets all things done on a timely basis.
- Analytical/Problem-Solving: Demonstrates the ability to identify and evaluate problems or issues.
- Communication: Initiates, maintains and facilitates the flow of needed information.
- Customer Service: Places a priority on attending to the needs and inquiries of customers from across the Bank and System.
- Collaboration: Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with others.
- Self-Management: Demonstrates the ability to employ/channel personal resources (e.g. time, effort, talent) to produce desirable outcomes for the area/Bank.
- People Management: Effectively enhances the development and ongoing performance of subordinates.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Actively supports the Bank`s diversity and inclusion agenda.
- Strong product development experience with a focus on developing business intelligence and data insights
- Experience developing and presenting business cases in support of executive management
- Experience with Business Intelligence and/or Data Management toolsets, such as: Data Wrangling tools like Alteryx, ETL tools (i.e., Informatica, DataStage, Ab Initio), business intelligence reporting (i.e., Business Objects, Cognos, MicroStrategy), other data visualization toolsets (i.e., Tableau, Qlikview, Spotfire)
- Understanding of dimensional models and relational database and SQL
- Ability to select, construct, apply and interpret tools such as flowcharts, histograms, pareto charts, scatter diagrams, and control charts
- Experience developing KPI's and Balanced scorecards
- Ability to present ideas and proposals based upon findings
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and customer relationship management skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the Bank and the System in verbal and written form
- Sharp critical thinking abilities, demonstrated ability to think innovatively and strategically about how to achieve results
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage several assignments simultaneously, prioritizing work, and manage demanding deadlines and client expectations
- Strong Business Intelligence and analytics background (e.g., math, statistics, and quantitative methods)
- Ability to work effectively as a member of the management team and contribute to a positive work environment
- Bachelor's degree is required. Major in engineering, mathematics, operational research, business, finance or other technical discipline is required. Advanced degree, such as an MBA, is a plus
- Minimum 5 years' Product Development experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience in reporting/analytics
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization, and U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.