Family Residences and Essential Enterprises, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Peer Support Specialist (Fee for Service)
at Family Residences and Essential Enterprises, inc.
- Job ID
- Hidden (22578)
Overseen by HCBS Manger, the Peer Support Specialist; Fee for Service is responsible for providing a variety of community based rehabilitative services to individuals based on their initial plan of care which is supplied by the individual’s care coordinator. The Peer Support Specialist further assesses the individual to develop a specific, measurable and attainable plan to achieve the individual’s goal(s). All services will be provided in the community.
Essential Job Functions
- Promote skills for coping with and managing behavioral health symptoms.
- Engage individuals in activities that encourage their achievement to their identified goals and objectives.
- Provide assistance with advocacy, outreach, and transitional supports.
- See individuals for initial assessments and routine appointments
- Continuously evaluate progress towards goals, while communicating with supervisor for need for continued or termination of services.
- Ensure documentation meets quality and compliance thresholds as set by regulation and/or Agency guidelines
- Utilize electronic medical record to complete required documentation as required by regulation and within mandated time frames
- Adhere to the organizations Code of Ethics
- Always communicate in a respectful manner with all people including the people we support, supervisors, other valued team members, and members of the community.
- Complete all required trainings.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Prevent, recognize and report abuse toward the people we support
- Other duties as assigned.
OMH est. Certified Peer Specialist; required
Ability to use computer for documentation, research and teaching others
Good verbal and written communication skills
Valid driver’s license preferred
No convictions for crimes that preclude a person from working with members of a vulnerable population