Family Residences and Essential Enterprises, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Habilitation Specialist - Mon-Fri 8:30-3:30 - Day Services East
at Family Residences and Essential Enterprises, inc.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Direct Care
The primary role of the Habilitation Specialist (HS) is to work alongside the people we support in order to help them to achieve their Personal Outcomes. This includes working with them to develop daily living, professional and informed decision making skills while also supporting their health and safety. The HS is also responsible for providing supervision and support to the Day Services Direct Support Professionals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
- Work with the people we support to help them identify and realize their personal life goals
- Advocate with the people we support in a variety of situations
- Work with the people we support to teach them new life skills
- Provide positive behavior support to the people we support as necessary
- Supervise, evaluate and observe assigned Direct Support Professionals
- Complete required Annual/Semi-Annual information for Individuals assigned
- Attend and present at assigned individuals’ Annual/Semi-Annual meetings
- Ensure required documentation is completed accurately and thoroughly by assigned Direct Support Professionals
- Assist in training and orientation of new staff and/or floating staff
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent required
- Minimum of one year experience in a related field
- Valid New York Driver's License and meets the criteria to be an agency driver