Extra Space Storage
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Learning and Development Manager
at Extra Space Storage
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
By collaborating with division management, the Learning and Development Manager executes a learning strategy for the division which includes 100+ store locations. This includes assessment of existing programs, and analysis of gaps. This is a high impact role requiring a strong, decisive, results-oriented leader who can develop, coach, and manage relationships across the division and with a wide variety of partners based on trust, teamwork, and knowledge.
- Drive corporate initiatives and values through learning and development.
- Instill a performance consulting mentality in the division.
- Create developmental plans for teams and individuals. Effectively manage learning resources necessary to implement these plans.
- Manage the delivery of training and performance support solutions including new hire, management, team, technical, sales, service and training to support company and division objectives.
- Manage training support functions. Drive creative and aggressive improvements in training time to competency and performance execution.
- Build strong relationships with internal partners. Implement learning programs that will drive desired results.
- Influence and contribute to building a service culture in the business. Instill processes and tools that will drive consistent service delivery and common service behaviors across the division.
- Measure the impact of various learning programs to ensure the appropriate business outcome is derived. Assess opportunities for continued improvement, set goals and establish metrics for success.
- Define and implement process improvements, tools and technology to enhance processes for learning execution.
- Up to 50% travel required.
Education and/or Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The incumbent must have current Driver’s License to facilitate travel throughout the division organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred. A minimum of three years training experience, preferably with a service or retail organization with a dispersed workforce.
- Comprehensive knowledge of learning and development principles including familiarity with technology based learning, skill development, and change management.
- Credibility to influence and coach employees, peers and executive management. Able to establish and maintain collaborative partnerships across the division.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment; establish priorities and achieve results.
- Client focused to ensure that customer needs are built into solutions and processes.
- Excellent strategic and process thinking abilities.
- Results driven and metrics focused.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Professional executive demeanor; decisive with highly versatile interpersonal skills.
- Unquestionable business and personal integrity.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.