ESL Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Mortgage Originator
at ESL Federal Credit Union
ESL Federal Credit Union’s rich history begins with roots in the Rochester Housing market. Nearly 100 years later we’re as committed as ever to providing mortgages to people in our local communities. Now we have a team focused on outside mortgage sales. Be a part of our story.
ESL is Easy to Sell
- Conventional Fixed & ARM, Home Possible, 2nd Home, Investment, FHA, Home Buyer’s Dream Program and Portfolio mortgage solutions
- Now offering VA & USDA financing
- Great Rates and Lower Fees
- Mortgages are eligible for ESL Owners’ Dividend
- In-house processing, underwriting, and mortgage loan servicing
- A $6.8 Billion financial institution with 22 Branches serving 366,000 members
ESL Takes Care of Its People
- Competitive base salary plus tiered commission structure
- Eligibility for ESL’s annual Employee Incentive Plan
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Fully Paid Company Pension Plan
Want More Reasons to Consider ESL?
Since 2010, ESL has been consistently ranked one of the Best Workplaces in America by Great Place to Work® – the global authority on high-trust, high performance workplace cultures. In addition to being named one of the Best Medium Workplaces in America nine times, Great Place to Work and Fortune magazine have recently placed ESL on these prominent national lists as well:
- Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance
- Best Workplaces for Women
- Best Workplaces in New York
What We’re Looking For
- 5 years of mortgage industry experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of additional equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of successful sales originations with a preferred book of business evidencing $10MM in sales annually
- Current and relevant realtor relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong external sales and networking skills
- Detailed understanding of GSE requirements, FHA and other real estate standards
- Successfully registered as a Mortgage Loan Originator through ESL
- Must complete submission of application to the NMLS within the first week of employment and subsequently be successfully registered as a Mortgage Loan Originator through ESL
Accountable for development and maintenance of relationships outside of the credit union to increase mortgage volume. This position will take mortgage applications and assist members through the mortgage process. Works in conjunction with the Mortgage Team and third party stakeholders to ensure an expedient process
Cultivate and develop relationships within the real estate community to increase volume of loan applications within ESL policies and procedures.
- Promotes ESL within the community
- Attend networking events
- Engage in applicable community activities
- Prospecting activities
- Meet or exceed identified performance objectives in all related agreements
- All activities to be consistent with credit union mission and purpose
- Accountable for delivering a superior customer experience to both the borrowers and their realtors through proficient understanding of product offering and industry practices enabling thorough and accurate residential real estate applications.
- Consults with applicants on various types of financing solutions
- Proficient in understanding underwriting standards and compliance guidelines
- Gathers applicable file documentation and completes required origination system entries
- Accurate and timely updates in order to move the loan application through process
- Ongoing communication through funding with focus critical milestone dates
- Consistently meets service level agreements
Ensure internal customer satisfaction objectives are achieved through meeting operational standards and maintaining productive and positive relationships.
Participation of team activities, initiatives and other duties as assigned.
Interested? Apply today!