Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Riveredge Youth Lacrosse Coach
at ESF Camps
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Riveredge After School Program
- Targeted Job Start Date
- Targeted Job End Date
- Seasonal Full-Time
A Youth Lacrosse Coach is responsible for the supervision of campers, the implementation of sport-specific curriculum, promoting and actively participating in all activities, providing a safe and fun learning environment, and serving as a positive role model for students and other faculty/staff.
We are seeking motivated team members who believe deeply in the organization’s mission and who display a record of achievement in effective supervision & management of youth, building positive relationships and ensuring the safety and well-being of people of all ages.
Position Scope Factors
Lacrosse Coaches are employed to work with students in grades 2nd & 3rd.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Group supervision of students with attention to: behavior and group management, health and safety, security, and personal and skill development
- Organize and prepare daily lesson plans in a fun and creative manner
- Implement curriculum; bring lesson plans to life for students through your participation, support and guidance
- Motivate students by creating fun for them in your activity (i.e. - songs, games, cheers, etc.)
- Encourage creativity and critical thinking while making a positive impact on each of your students
- Use effective classroom management skills to lead the activity and effectively create an inclusive, fun environment.
- Promote and actively participate in all student activities
- Work effectively with fellow Activity Specialist and collaborate on daily responsibilities
- Complete assigned paperwork
- Serve as a positive role model to students
- Follow the ESF Code and maintain the ESF Look at all times
- Employee is expected to exhibit ESF Core Values at all times and to adhere to all company policies
- Have fun
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Position Competencies for Success
- Understand and support the mission of the organization
- The ability to work effectively with others in all levels of the organization in a professional manner
- Positive attitude
- Commitment to the growth and development of youth
- Commitment to producing consistent, high-quality work
- Excellent judgment, ability to identify problems and works quickly to find solutions
- Patient, caring and creative
- Flexible, adaptive and a Team player
- Desire to make a difference in the life of a child
- Previous experience working with children, examples include but are not limited to; babysitting, academic/athletic tutoring, camp counselor, youth volunteer, classroom assistant, religious education teacher
- Previous camp counselor/teaching experience (preferred)
- Prior experience coaching youth (preferred)
- Teaching certification (preferred)
- Coaching credentials (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree
Other Skill Requirements
- Outstanding communication skills which include the ability to use clear, concise and grammatically correct written and oral language in all aspects of professional interaction with campers, their families, peers, leadership team and the larger community
- Reports directly to and takes direction from Director of Riveredge.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Ability to push/pull, lift and carry a minimum of 35lbs
- Endurance to work outside and on your feet for 6-8 hours per day
- Ability to respond to emergency situations which may require running (up to 1 mile in some cases) and climbing stairs.
- Good physical condition which enables candidate to execute all responsibilities associated with this position
ESF, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All candidates who meet the qualifications are encouraged to apply!