Elizabeth Seton Pediatric Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN) -Full TIme Night Shift
at Elizabeth Seton Pediatric Center
Purpose of Your Position
To plan, implement and evaluate nursing care provided, including restorative care for residents. As the direct care provider of health services, he/she shares appropriate information with all other health services staff in an effort to assist each resident in achieving his/her maximum level of development
Position Functions and Responsibilities
- Understands ESPC Mission and Core Values and incorporates values into daily practice.
- Continually strive to improve the organization’s systems and/or services.
- Make decisions as a team to fulfill our mission, share recognition, and learn from failures.
- Treat every resident, family member, and co-worker with dignity, respect, and courtesy.
- Utilizing the nursing process, the RN assesses the resident, plans intervention and evaluates the outcome of care provided.
- Performs treatments and special care as required, ex. tracheotomy care, central venous lines, oxygen administration, cast care, dressing changes, etc.
- Administer medication and immunization as ordered.
- Confer with physician or other health team members regarding patient care management.
- Assist the physician in performing physical examinations and treatments.
- Evaluate the effects of prescribed treatment including orthotics and report same to appropriate disciplines.
- Observe, report and record abnormal vital signs, seizures activity, other disease manifestations and other clinically significant data.
- Implement plan of care as outlines in the resident’s Interdisciplinary Care Plan including positioning, play, feeding techniques, behavior modifications plan etc.
- Participate in completing MDS. Revised care plan as resident condition changes.
- Assumes the role of nurse in charge of a unit for the shift as assigned
- Educate residents and families with regard to their treatment plan
- Document interventions and teaching outcomes accurately and timely
- Maintain a safe therapeutic resident care environment.
- Directs and supervises CNAs, unit a clerk, LPN and other RN’s when in charge.
- Establishes effective working relations with staff residents and family members.
- Ensures that the Center and the Department of Nursing policies and procedures are follow in the planning implementation and evaluation of care.
- Review medication administration records for completeness at end of shift.
- Give and receives the nursing report and follow through on any special instructions.
- When in charge makes periodic checks to ensure that prescribed treatments are being properly administered by LPN’s and CNAs and to evaluate the residents physical and emotional status.
- Participates in the orientation of new staff residents and families to the unit.
- Carries out restorative and rehabilitative programs including teaching resident to wash/feed/dress self as appropriate.
- Ensures that the facility policy on the use of restraints is followed and that documentation is timely and accurate.
- Ensure that the unit is kept clean free from clutter and that the supply room door is kept locked; request the supervisor’s intervention as necessary to achieve this.
- Follows infection control standards and ensures that assigned personnel do likewise.
- Keep abreast of new nursing policies and procedures.
- Keep nurses notes, plan of care and all other documentation pertaining to your assigned resident timely accurate and complete.
- Carries out end of shift responsibility e.g. supplies are available for next shift’. Unit is clean and tidy; all documentation is complete and accurate.
- Other related duties as may become necessary or as directed by your supervisor, department director, and/or administrator.
- Graduate of an accredited RN program.
- RN License
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in nursing preferred
- Current BCLS certification
- One (1) year clinical experience in a pediatric and/or adolescent chronic /rehabilitative care facility preferred.