Dairy Farmers of America, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental, Health & Safety Supervisor
at Dairy Farmers of America, inc.
Job TitleEnvironmental, Health & Safety Supervisor
LocationPavilion, New York
Ensure that the company consistently meets and exceeds the requirements of OSHA and other agencies in order to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for all employees. Conduct required environmental tests, analysis, and observations. Gather technical data and results for reports to be submitted to regulatory agencies and maintain a working relationship with said agencies to keep the facility in regulatory compliance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct all safety meetings and develop a safety team promoting safety awareness. Coordinate the annual EHS training as defined by DFA Risk Management with the Plant Manager. Schedule training during slower production periods working with production schedule to minimize overtime
- Ensure that all safety policies within the plants reflect the current requirements of OSHA and are within the DFA guidelines and are uniformly enforced
- Keep the company in compliance with all the major reports required of a dairy processing facility, such as TRI (Toxic Release Inventory), SARA Title III, Water Withdrawal, AIMS (Air Emissions), Waste Management, and other related reports
- Ensure that all managers and supervisors are adequately trained in their responsibilities within the plant EHS programs
- Ensure that the plant's safe and healthy workplace plan is current
- Write new safety and health policies as needed to ensure continuing compliance with state, federal, and corporate policies
- Function as the liaison to management for the EHS committee
- Provide training where necessary to all employees in the various required OSHA programs
- Perform routine safety audits
- Manage 3E SDS system and provide training as necessary to employees. Stay in contact with state regulators as new and existing compliances are enacted
- Perform weekly, daily, and monthly testing (reporting) on all wastewater by-products being discharged to the city. Keep inventory of all waste streams in the facility and implement ways for reducing waste
- Supervise and direct the activities of all the WWTP staff
- Function as chairperson to the EHS Committee and implement ways to address safety, health, and environmental concerns
- Advise corporate personnel regarding the development of new regulatory guidelines, potential areas of concern, and implementation of relevant guidelines. Accompany regulatory inspectors on all inspections of the facility and make changes accordingly
- Attend required training, including but not limited to, GMP's, HAACP, SQF, Safety, etc.
- Implement CI Programs including Lean, Kaizen, 5S, and Leader Standard Work
- Follow all DFA GMP's and work in a manner consistent with all corporate and regulatory, food safety, quality, and sanitation requirements
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 4 to 10 years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Water/Wastewater System experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and company computer systems, specifically Excel and Word
- Must be able to read, write and speak English