CVPH Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant - Medical Group
at CVPH Medical Center
- Orthopedic & Sports Medicine
- Work Hours
- 0730-1600, 0800-1630, 0830-1700 (Monday to Friday)
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Hours Per 2-Week Pay Period
- 80 Hours
- Weekend Requirements
- Weekends and holidays as scheduled
The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) will provide high quality patient care as part of a pool of (APP) s that may be assigned to provide care within the scope of granted privileges, to include but not limited to outpatient clinics (both on-campus and outreach), in patient floors, perioperative services and the emergency department. The APP will report to and take direction as to work hours, patient care assignments and non-patient specific duties from the Orthopedics Practice Supervisor. When involved in patient specific care, the APP will be under the direct collaboration of the physician of record for the patient. This position may involve participation in a call rotation for after-hours surgery assistance and clinic coverage.
- Perform comprehensive and problem focused history and physical exams, interpret and correlate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Initiate and document appropriate treatment plans and/or therapeutic intervention for orthopedic problems within scope of practice.
- Exercise judgement on problems requiring consultation, referral, or evaluation by the supervising orthopedic surgeon or other health care professionals.
- Practices in collaboration with and at the direction of the surgeon during the perioperative phase. Assist in surgery to include but not limited to first assist, deep and superficial tissue closures, application of appliances and any other action dlegated by the surgeon. Dictates operative reports.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of surgical anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology and operative technique through observable behaviors such as: handling tissue, instrument selection and use, suturing skills, providing hemostasis, providing operative exposure, inserts tubes.
- Conduct hospital, rounds, write orders, and take call for the orthopedic surgeon. Evaluate and clarify clinical conditions, formulate and implement a treatment or therapeutic plan for hospitalized patients, dictate discharge summaries, histories and physicals.
- Order, prescribe, and administer medication, orthosis, orthotics, braces and other orthopedic devices as may be allowed by state legislation.
- Provide emergency care as needed to patients of the clinic and the hospital’s emergency department.
- Provide clinic coverage for both on campus and outreach practice locations based on service line needs.
- Evaluate, screen and council patient on health maintenance and promote utilization of community resources. Design, conduct and/or participate in research studies, manage databases, and perform quality assurance.
- Participates in both department and hospital committees as requested.
- Assist in development, revision and implementation of practice guidelines.
- Assist in providing continuing medical education to nursing and clerical staff.
- Assist in maintaining quality and safe infection control standards.
- In conjunction with the Practice Supervisor, assist with evaluation of effectiveness and efficiency of practice operations as it relates to patient flow, provision of medical care, risk management, and quality assurance.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism technically and personally, and works harmoniously as a member of the operative and clinic teams.
- Comply with HIPAA and CVPH confidentiality policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current license as a Registered Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in New York State required.
- Current or eligible for NYS DEA license.
- ACLS required.
- Certified Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner Ortho preferred.
- Three (3) years of orthopedics clinical experience as a Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner preferred.
- Experience as an orthopedic surgical Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner preferred.
As applicable, the individual has training/competency in attending to the special needs and/or behaviors appropriate to the age of the patients for which care is being provided.