Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bank Regulatory Lawyer (#147364)
at Credit Suisse
- We are seeking an attorneywho will be part of our U.S. Bank Regulatory Legal Group.
- This is a newly builtposition. The detailed coverage areas assigned to the candidate will turn on hisor her expertise and qualifications. Coverage of the Global Markets Division,the International Wealth Management Division (emphasizing coverage of the AssetManagement business within that division), or a focus on institution-wide bankregulatory matters (such as regulatory reporting) are possibilities.
- Core responsibilitieswill include but not be limited to providing U.S. bank regulatory advice toCredit Suisse's businesses and entities in connection with all aspects ofCredit Suisse's operations. The candidate would provide bank regulatoryexpertise to assist in planning, product development, structuring, reviews ofnew business opportunities and the execution of significant corporatetransactions.
- Instruct outsidecounsel as necessary.
- A department whichvalues Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing thefirm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct andEthics Standards
Credit Suisse maintains a WorkingFlexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit SuisseUnited States Employment Handbook.
The position isavailable in either Raleigh, NC or New York, NY.
- 2-6 years of legalexperience with a large corporation, major law firm, relevant government agencyor court.
- Licensed to practicelaw and in good standing in New York State or eligible for registration asIn-House Counsel in New York. Alternatively, for Raleigh applications, you maybe licensed to practice law and in good standing in North Carolina or able topractice as in-house counsel in North Carolina.
- Strong workingknowledge of regulations including the Dodd-Frank Act, Bank Holding CompanyAct, International Banking Act, Volcker Rule, the Federal Reserve's regulationsK, W and Y, New York State Banking Law and DFS regulations.
- An understanding offinancial services and investment banking, markets/trading businesses, assetand wealth management is desirable, as is knowledge of the Investment CompanyAct, broker-dealer regulations, Investment Advisors Act, regulatory reporting andexperience with interacting with regulators (especially banking regulators).
- Excellent analyticaland advocacy skills as well as the ability to speak and write clearly, andinteract with business and legal colleagues in a creative and productivemanner.
- Strong interpersonal,organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Hardworking,proactive, capacity and willingness to balance multiple responsibilities.
- Transactionalexperience, especially in drafting LP/LLC agreements and offering memoranda.
- Proficiency indrafting and reviewing internal documents such as intercompany agreements.
- Detailedunderstanding of Administrative Procedures Act, administrative law and agencyrule making.
- Ambitious with strongattention to detail and outstanding problem solving skills
- Knowledge of AML/BSAand sanctions laws and regulations is a plus!
- Understands the valueof diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusiveculture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receiveequal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full,authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in yourapplication.