Crain Communications Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Full-time Account Executive
at Crain Communications Inc
Modern Healthcare is seeking an experienced Account Executive to join our dynamic sales team on a full-time basis. Position can be based in New York City office or work remotely from within the east coast territory.
Ideal for the self-motivated and driven sales professional who loves customized selling and a flexible work schedule. This role offers the opportunity to represent an established, respected yet evolving brand that is highly respected within the healthcare industry. This is a fast-moving role within the competitive media field. We offer diverse marketing solutions include print, digital, custom content, lead generation, event and customized sponsorships. This position will generate advertising revenue via new business and growing a current base of advertisers.
Join us and grow in a collaborative environment that boasts a current book of business and uncapped commission structure. To serve as a business partner to advertisers and potential advertisers in order to devise, plan and execute all phases of advertising programs for clients.
- 5 years of successful solutions-based sales experience within a multi-platform / integrated media sales environment
- Proven track record of consistently achieving sales quotas and goals
- Experience both prospecting / developing new business as well as manage and grow existing business
- Ability to anticipate customers’ needs, find effective solutions and solve customer’s problems
- Understand trends and important news in healthcare and be able to communicate the marketplace news to clients and prospects
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills as well as outstanding presentation and listening skills
- Ability to move from concepts to concrete expression of ideas
- Travel is expected to meet with clients and prospects in specific territory
- Maintain strong market share and awareness/understanding of competitors, different competitive tracking tools and research
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple deadlines
- Display the attributes necessary to promote a positive and professional environment at Modern Healthcare including (but not limited to):
- Leadership ability
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Positive attitude
- Display respect
- Motivation and drive
- Bachelor’s degree
- Sales experience within a business to business environment
- Experience selling custom content solutions and events
- Understanding of the publishing industry
- Salesforce experience
- Events experience a plus
This position is exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
Modern Healthcare is the industry’s leading source of healthcare business and policy news, research and information. We report on important healthcare events and trends, as they happen, through our weekly print magazine, websites, e-newsletters, mobile products and events. Our readers use that information to make informed business decisions and lead their organizations to success. It’s for this reason that Modern Healthcare magazine is ranked No. 1 in readership among healthcare executives.
Click HERE to visit us in our Chicago office.
Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation, Crain delivers the story you can’t get anywhere else. As a privately held company, we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our work. With an Audience First focus and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information with insights, and initiate connections as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader.