Continuum Health Partners Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PER DIEM NURSE RESEARCHER
at Continuum Health Partners Inc.
A nursing career onthe cutting edge
Mount Sinai. Wear the badge ofexcellence.
All day. Every Day.You work tirelessly to treat our patients. You build and foster meaningfulrelationships. You strike the right balance between empathy and excellence,compassion and professionalism.
By combiningautonomous, passionate caregiving with state-of-the-art technology, you arewinning awards, advancing patient care and crafting the future of your nursingpractice in the 21st century.
You are a Mount Sinai Nurse.
Nurses are the heartof healthcare — compassionate collaborators with valued expertise and voiceswho provide and coordinate relationship-centered care on a 24/7 basis. You areempowered to build harmonious partnerships on behalf of each patient and familymember that entrust us with their care.
What you will do:
The Per Diem Nurse Researcher provides leadership for nursingstaff at all levels to develop and implement division specific nursing researchand evidence based practice projects. This individual collaborates withmultiple professionals and clinical units within Mount Sinai, to facilitate theimplementation of these projects. This position is part of the Center forNursing Research and Innovation (CNRI) in the Icahn School of Medicine at MountSinai and the Mount Sinai Hospital (MSH) Department of Nursing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists clinical nursing staff in the developmentof knowledge and understanding of the management and implementation of clinicaltranslational research projects.
2. Mentors nursing staff in the development, implementationand coordination of specific research projects or evidence based practiceprotocols.
3. Encourages scholarship and research within thedevelopment of evidence-based nursing practice, promoting a spirit of inquiryamong nursing staff.
4. Participates in the Departmental Nursing ResearchCouncil and associated Committees, as requested.
5. Promotes and supports nursing research andpublication through individual and group mentoring and provides needededucation on the process for both.
6. Acts as a resource for development of researchand/or articles for publication and presentations.
7. Collaborates with other departments in thedevelopment of research projects.
8. Collaborates with investigators to assureobjectives are met and integrity and quality of the research is maintained.
9. Assures research is conducted in accordance withGood Clinical Practice Guidelines, Federal/sponsor regulations and guidelines,MSH Policy and Procedures, research protocols, and IRB requirements.
10. Serves as a role model, mentor, and consultant tothe clinical nursing units and divisions to provide expertise and shareknowledge.
11. Other relevant duties as assigned
What you will bring:
· Doctorate degree in Nursing or relateddiscipline. Eligibility for adjunct appointment, Mount Sinai-Icahn School ofMedicine; current NYS Nursing licensure.
· Current faculty appointment at a School ofNursing or related health science school; history of exposure to fundedresearch.
Why work with us.
Expanding the possibilities
Here, innovation isvalued and collaboration is more than a buzzword. The health system is full offriendly, helpful people who share a common devotion to deliveringextraordinary patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we callhome—culturally, ethnically, in outlook and lifestyle. Over 38,000 employeesstrong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to providecompassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicinethrough unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diversecommunities we serve. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensationand benefit package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
Strength Through Diversity
We promote recognitionand respect for individual and cultural differences, and always aim to make ouremployees feel valued and appreciated. We believe that diversity is a driverfor excellence. Therefore, regardless of your age, race/ethnicity, sexualorientation, gender, gender identity, military/veteran status, disabilitystatus, religious belief or other defining characteristics, we value the impactyour differences have on creating an inclusive environment where everyone feelsthey belong.
The Mount Sinai HealthSystem is an equal opportunity employer and is proud to be named to the 2016Diversity Inc “Top 3 Hospitals and Health Systems” list. EOEMinorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans