Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
WoodField RN (Night)
at Children's Village
Position Overview: We are looking for RN's to join our medical team to provide comprehensive assessments of physical, mental and psycho-social needs. The RN must also adhere to policy and procedures, develop care plans to provide effective
outcomes in addition to providing direction and supervision to LPN's. Guided by the comprehensive knowledge of nursing theory and practice, applies the nursing process and is accountable for the health care services and nursing care of a group of specific residents of Children’s Village.
Agency Wide Duties And Responsibilities:
- Supports the mission, vision, and values of the Children’s Village. Complies willingly with all organizational policies and procedures.
- Supports all functions that attain and maintain accreditation and compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Supports and facilitates positive interaction with others by exhibiting:
- Individual maturity
- Respect for others
- A team-centered approach
- Maintenance of confidential information
- An appreciation of a multicultural workplace
- Communicates appropriate information to other departments in a timely and effective manner.
- Participates in appropriate professional development programs to attain and maintain competency.
Position Specific Duties/Responsibilities:
- Participates in the admission process. Nursing assessment is based on the interview, examination, observation and review of records of the resident. Develops Comprehensive Health Record, notification of admission, medical information for CSE.
- Monitors resident’s medical needs by daily cottage rounds and on-going collaboration with resident’s interdisciplinary team.
- Schedules/coordinates initial physical exams, sick visits, health screenings, vision needs and as needed, medical consultations and follow –up.
- Transcribes medical orders. Processes medications from pharmacy, administers and documents medications and treatments.
- Maintains current medical records including medical care, immunizations, treatments and medications.
- Provides health care teaching /HIV counseling.
- Prepares medical reports for SPR and attends SPR conferences.
- Coordinates medical and health care needs for discharge /transfer to another agency or community.
- Supports orientation of new staff members, nursing students.
- Time management meets the needs of the department.
- This position reports to the Pediatrician
- Adheres to all Agency and departmental Safety Procedures including reporting any unsafe practices, equipment and environment, and takes an active role in correcting the unsafe practice, equipment or environment through proper notification.
- 1 Year experience working with adolescents, preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited Nursing program
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in New York State
- CPR Certified preferred
- Pediatric, psychiatric experience preferred.
Training Requirements to Attain Position:
- Satisfactory completion of annual mandated training
- CPR certification
- Demonstrate the ability to provide therapeutic medical care to the children
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with CV staff and medical providers in the community
Training Requirements to Maintain Position:
- Successful completion of annual mandated training
- CPR certification
- HIV counselor
- Maintains licensure and annual health requirements.
- Reflects awareness of personal and professional development needs by participation in continuing education and other appropriate learning resources.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Ability to read, write and converse in English.
- Ability to communicate with staff, residents, families, vendors, support agencies and others.
- Ability to remain calm and composed under stress.
- Ability to evaluate/interpret information and make independent judgments/decisions.
- Bending, lifting, grasping, fine hand/eye coordination, pushing/pulling, and/or prolonged sitting/standing.