Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Academic Enrichment Coordinator (August - June)
at Children's Village
The Academic Enrichment Coordinator is responsible for providing afterschool enrichment activities (3:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday) to residents of CV through the Open Door Library Program. This position is seasonal and runs concurrent with the traditional School Calendar of September to June.
Position Specific Duties/Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all Agency and departmental Safety Procedures including reporting any unsafe practices, equipment and environment, and takes an active role in correcting the unsafe practice, equipment or environment through proper notification.
- Ensures that all sessions are entered in Lewis daily and submits a report at least monthly on program attendance, with recommendations for corrective action where there are problems.
- Track staff participation and immediately informs Cottage Supervisor, Program Manager and or Unit Director of any patterns of poor attendance.
- Works closely with administrators and teachers from Greenburgh Eleven to ensure that after-school program supports curriculum and the children’s needs.
- Sets up and monitors homework completion this includes interfacing with the cottage staff and communication with GB11 to ensure homework is being assigned.
- Keeps abreast of school calendar and testing schedules and acts as clearing house for information and scheduling conflicts related to school.
- Create and run enrichment activities including book clubs, poetry slams etc.
- Work with local entities that may bring in enrichment activities related to theater or music etc.
- Coordinate and Support the volunteer workforce (tutors literacy volunteers etc.) during the afterschool programming.
- Works closely with Recreation Department and track all necessary statistics to provide data for outcomes.
- Coordinates with the Cordero room assignments to make sure there a addition rooms available for concurrent activities such as tutoring quiet reading etc.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to: Program Director of Open Door library and Director of Volunteers
Bachelor’s degree, with two years of experience in creating motivational enrichment activities for youth or High School Degree, with five years of experience in creating motivational enrichment activities for youth. Experience working with troubled youth preferred. Good interpersonal skills. Good organizational skills with ability to be flexible.
Training Requirements to Maintain Position:
- CV training requirements for Academic staff
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Ability to read, write and converse in English.
- Ability to communicate with staff, residents, families, vendors, support agencies and others.
- Ability to remain calm and composed under stress.
- Ability to work at a computer.
- Ability to respond to telephones and other auditory stimulation..
- Ability to discriminate color.
- Quantitative/mathematical ability (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, standard measurements).
- Ability to evaluate/interpret information and make independent judgments/decisions