CFG Health Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Nurse Practitioner - Per diem Albany NY
at CFG Health Network
- Job ID
- # of Openings
In collaboration with the physician, this position is responsible for diagnosing, treating and providing medical services to inmates of the Department of Corrections consistent with community standards of care.
- Performs and documents patient evaluation, including taking the patient’s history and conducting a physical examination.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests.
- Writes orders for medical medications and treatments, under guidelines of licensure..
- May perform invasive procedures as necessary.
- Prescribes and monitors patient medications.
- Dictates discharge summaries and transfer orders.
- Maintains and follows patient care protocols.
- Works with members of the healthcare team in educating the patients of their medical care.
- Provides any necessary “on call” coverage.
- Continually updates clinical knowledge and skills through consultation, formal and informal education and review of literature for the benefit of themselves as well as for the healthcare team.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A current CPR/BLS card with demonstrated and cognitive skills is required.
- Must possess a Master’s Degree and must have current and Advanced Practice Nurse license for the state in which he/she will provide services.
- Must have at least one year experience of providing direct patient care.
- Must have prescriptive authority with current and valid DEA and CDS.
- Previous experience in a correctional setting preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.