Centers Health Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Traveling Physician (MD / DO)
at Centers Health Care
Staff Physician (MD / DO)
Centers Health Care is looking to hire a Geriatric or Internal Medicine specialist to serve as a Traveling Doctor for our Skilled Nursing Facilities located in upstate New York.
Excellent salary will be offered, commensurate with experience.
- Assuring delivery of quality care services to all patients in a respectful and professional manner.
- Participating in planning, development, and organization of medical services provided.
- Develops and reviews medical policies related to patient care.
- Conduct physical examinations of patients upon their admission and thereafter on a regular and on an "as-needed-basis."
- Participating in the comprehensive care planning, discharge planning, and client and staff development by providing ongoing medical training and education to staff.
- Participates in preparation for regulatory agency site visits.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and City regulatory requirements and ensures all aspects of clinical care conforms to these requirements.
- Order, evaluate, adjust and terminate prescription of medication dosages using sound medical, ethical and responsible discretion and meets with the patient to discuss any adjustments in medication dosage
- NYS Licensure to practice medicine
- Current DEA Registration, in good standing.
- Current with the Continuing Medical Education ("CME") licensure requirements
- Current, relevant, and substantial knowledge of areas related to health center licensing and operations, e.g., legal/regulatory, administrative, policy, protocols, and other clinical issues, especially within a managed care environment, required.
- Previous experience providing services and exercising leadership in a culturally and linguistically diverse setting, with demonstrated success.
- Culturally aware and sensitive to the special needs of population.
Upstate New York