Catholic Health Services of Long Island
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Telco Specialist - Telecommunications
at Catholic Health Services of Long Island
992 North Village Avenue Rockville Centre, NY 11570
3-5 years experience is required
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
CHSLI Telecommunication Specialists are the face-to-face contact with the user community and works within our healthcare facilities. Specialists are responsible for reacting to problems/requests regarding business telecommunications related hardware and software for Catholic Health Services employees and facilities. The Telecommunications Specialists will gather all necessary information of user and facility telecommunications problems and utilize their skills and experience to resolve these issues. Telecommunications Specialists are responsible for participating in the installation and maintenance of all telephony equipment and the associated components that comprise a facilities telecommunications network. The specialist is responsible for interfacing with vendors, department heads and other CHS IT team members in order to prioritize and expedite the provisioning of services. The position requires helping in the planning, coordination and implementation of telecommunications equipment and networking technology for CHS facilities. In some instances, it is necessary to maintain the communications cabling within a CHSLI entity. The technician is to provide services to enhance facilities communications infrastructure while conducting themselves in a professional and dignified manner at all times. Telecommunication Specialists are responsible for participating in scheduled afterhours on-call duties.
- Team player with good communications skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Afterhours scheduled on-call availability is necessary
- Current technical knowledge of Avaya PBX and Key System preferred.
- Call Center experience a plus (Avaya CMS, Vector Programing)
- Knowledge of hardwire and wireless VoIP technology
- Experience with Voice and Data infrastructure cabling install and troubleshooting is necessary
- Familiarity with in-house wire and cable distribution frames.
- The ability to troubleshoot, document and provide updates on communication equipment.
- Knowledge of Telephone Company Central Office line technology is desired (Including analog, digital Centrex, PRI and SIP) along with the ability to work with repair technicians on issues.
- The ability to read and interpret floor plans and schematic drawings
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs for communication and documentation.
- Constant walking and standing, ladder climbing and moderate lifting.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Minimum three (3) years relevant experience.
- Travel between CHS locations.
- A valid NY State driver's license
- Reliable transportation.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.