Catholic Health Services of Long Island
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Nurse Specialist - Oncology - Cancer Services
at Catholic Health Services of Long Island
1000 Montauk Highway West Islip, NY 11795
Full Time, Variable Shifts, Variable Days
Day and Evening shifts-
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
Clinical Nurse Educators (CNE) combine clinical expertise and a passion for teaching in the clinical and classroom setting. CNEs design, implement, evaluate and revise in-services, continuing education, and orientation programs as they pertain to the nursing department. CNEs serve as role models and mentors to clinical staff, providing leadership and support.
· Under the Cancer Institute at Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center the Nurse Educator performs didactic teaching, case base learning, facilitation of computer based programs and clinical management.
· Evaluates and coaches new employees with interdisciplinary collaboration integral to the role.
· Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing professional development practice.
· Acquires and maintains current knowledge and competency in nursing professional development practice.
· Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness and cost in planning, delivering and managing nursing professional development activities.
· Current NY State license as a Registered Nurse
· BSN required
· Masters in Nursing or enrolled in Master's Program
· Minimum 5 years current clinical nursing experience with demonstrated leadership and teaching ability.
· Knowledge of adult learning principles
· Must be flexible with time assignment to accommodate the needs of the department
· Current ACLS Instructor and BLS Instructor preferred.
· Must have knowledge of Hospital policy and procedures.
· Good communication and computer skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required. Must work well with all staff
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.