Catholic Health Services of Long Island
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Data Coord - Performance Improvement
at Catholic Health Services of Long Island
Part Time, Variable Days, Variable Shifts
Clinical Data Coordinator
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center® is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery. Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards® and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support accurate data abstraction and chart review as needed within established timeframe
- Identifies and questions chart documentation using appropriate and available resources to abstract data accurately according current regulation/standards
- Serves as a resource to IT, Data, and PI staff to help clarify data abstraction/analysis issues
- Develops and prepares reports as requested
- Displays verbal and written communication skills
- All other duties assigned
- NYS RN License required
- 7 years of clinical experience
- Chart review skills
- Knowledge of DRG's reimbursement
- Coding preferred
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.