Catholic Health Services of Long Island
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
APP - MEdical Withdrawal - Medical Withdrawal
at Catholic Health Services of Long Island
200 Belle Terre Road Port Jefferson, NY 11777
Advanced Practice Provider
PA or NP
Medical Withdrawal Unit
St. Charles Hospital is a 243-bed, acute care community hospital located in Port Jefferson, NY.
St. Charles is a proud member of Catholic Health Services of LI, the healing ministry of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, and has served the residents of the Three Village area for more than 110 years.
The non-profit hospital features three centers of excellence: Maternal/Child services, Orthopedics and Rehabilitation. St. Charles also offers services in general surgery, colon/rectal surgery, bariatric surgery, neurosurgery, ENT, pediatrics, diagnostic imaging, emergency medicine, epilepsy, stroke care, Female Pelvic Floor Disorders Center, and a nationally accredited Sleep Disorders Center.
St. Charles is renowned for its outstanding customer service and scored as one of the top hospitals on Long Island in the delivery of high quality care.
One sentence on title: The selected APP will assume responsibility and accountability for the assessment and care of the patients by collaborating with both the medical and clinical teams to establish appropriate treatment plans.
Responsibilities will include:
1. Performing comprehensive history and physical examinations and/or psychiatric evaluation.
2. Identify co-morbidity to develop plan of treatment to follow up during treatment episode.
3. Order appropriate laboratory or diagnostic procedures.
4. Order receive and review laboratory reports and relevant lab tests/procedures in order to
Diagnose and/or manage patient condition.
5. Work Collaborative with members of the program to ensure client healthcare needs are met.
6. Administer client medications as per current physician orders.
Implement strategies to promote health with clients.
7. Initiate and manage client care within his/her scope of practice.
8. Comply with all federal, state and funding regulatory requirements.
9. Maintain client confidentiality pursuant to Federal, State and HIPAA regulations.
10. Accurate and timely coordination/completion of assignments as directed by the Medical Director.
11. Conduct training and client training as requested.
12. Produce thorough and accurate documentation.
13. Capable of managing
14. Perform other duties assigned.
· Graduate from an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant program
· Must be licensed in New York State as an NP or PA.
· BLS, ACLS and PALS certifications are required.
SUBOXONE CERTIFICATION preferred. If not certified, obtaining it within 6 months of employment will be required.
· Previous experience in Addiction settings preferred.
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills and effective communications skills to enhance patient care, team collaboration and analytical problem solving.
· Must be able to multitask and follow through.
· Must have working knowledge of MS Office and be able to work with an electronic medical record.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.