Career Systems Development Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Career Systems Development Corporation
- Job ID
- Residential Living
- Schedule Days
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Interested in making a difference in young adults’ lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of “Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment.”
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone’s life. You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you would also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), legal, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Residential Advisors provide a safe, supportive, and predictable environment in dormitory supervision of Job Corps trainees in their daily activities, monitoring their progress in attaining performance contract goals and objectives and utilizing behavior management and intentional and consistent Core Value driven practices. Conducts dormitory operations in accordance to Center operating policy and procedures and in accordance with CSD Operating Procedures.
- Assists students in adjusting to Center life by providing supervision, behavior modification, and acting as a mentor.
- Ensures that students meet required schedule, waking on time and being on time for work or school assignments.
- Ensures that students are adequately prepared for the training day;students are dressed appropriately, etc.
- Practices and models core values, as well as, conducts groups teaching and clarifying Core Values for students, with Case Manager assistance.
- Provides daily supervision or assistance in monitoring students in personal hygiene, room/chore assignments, special recreation activities, cafeteria monitoring, transportation and programmed activities.
- Provides informal counseling in relation to stress management, personal problems, emergency or home situations, etc., with students, and provides insight into responsible behaviors and attitudes.
Minimum - Must have a High School diploma and Valid State Driver's License. No exceptions.
All post offer candidates must complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Susan Evans at (888) 308-0338 to request a reasonable accommodation.