Cameron Mitchell Restaurants
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BARTENDER - OCEAN PRIME NYC
at Cameron Mitchell Restaurants
Summary: It is the responsibility of a bar chef to prepare and serve consistent, high quality cocktails and food in an expedient manner, while establishing positive guest relations and maintaining a clean, orderly bar. The bar chef contributes to the profitability of the restaurant by generating sales, adhering to all company recipes and ensuring correct payment for all beverages served.
Essential Responsibilities: include the following and other responsibilities that may be assigned:
1. Meets company quality standards in preparation and presentation of cocktails. Achieves planned product costs by adhering to portion standards.
2. Adheres to laws and company policy pertaining to service of alcohol.
3. Adhere to standards of personal cleanliness, professional appearance and proper uniform. Displays attentive posture and a confident and friendly disposition at all times.
4. Cooperates with management and co-workers and assists with other duties, if needed. Communicates suggestions for improvement in a positive fashion.
5. Exhibits punctuality, dependability and, if the need arises, willingness to work unscheduled shifts.
6. Knows emergency procedures for the restaurant.
7. Maintains a sanitary work station.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, and individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Hospitality: Ability to respond quickly to guests needs, meets commitments, responds to requests for service and assistance, provide genuine hospitality.
2.Teamwork: Hospitality, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, puts success of team above own interests, supports everyone’s efforts to succeed, exhibits objectivity and openness to others views
3. Technical Skills: Participates in training and development opportunities, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills of the restaurant and company, shares expertise with others
4. Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves guest situations in a timely manner
5. Guest Services: Manages difficult or emotional guest situations (with guest satisfaction as a priority), responds promptly to guests needs, solicits guest feedback to improve services, responds to requests for service and assistance, meets commitments, provides genuine hospitality
6. Interpersonal Skills: Keeps emotions under control, remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things, resolves conflict
7. Oral Communication: Speaks clearly, persuasively and politely in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions, participates in meetings
8. Written Communication: Able to read and interpret written information, writes clearly and informatively
9. Restaurant Support: Supports goals and values, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, maintain cleanliness of restaurant
10. Quality Management: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality, applies feedback to improve performance, works quickly, ensures the restaurant exhibits great food safety and sanitation issues
11. Cost Consciousness: Contributes to profits and revenues of the restaurant, conserves organizational resources, able to accept different types of payment and make change
12. Diversity and Ethics: Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, promotes a harassment free environment, builds a diverse workforce, keeps commitments, works ethically and with integrity, treats people with respect, inspires the trust of others, upholds organizational values
13. Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures, supports company goals and values
14. Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions, includes appropriate people in decision making process, demonstrates ability to prioritize
15. Professionalism: Reacts well under pressure, treats other with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, approaches others in a tactful manner, accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments, is pleasant in demeanor, maintains confidentiality
16. Quantity/Productivity: Meets restaurant and productivity standards, completes work in a timely manner, strive to increase productivity, use time efficiently
17. Safety and Security: Observes and teaches safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions, uses equipment and materials properly
18. Attendance and Punctuality: Is consistently at work on time and in full uniform
19. Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to direction, takes responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments, completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person
20. Adaptability: Adapts to change in the work environment, able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
21. Planning/Organizing: Uses time efficiently, possess good organizational skills, able to maintain an orderly work station, restock and organize stations
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skill or Ability
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, menu descriptions and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests and other associates of the restaurant.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply , divide and accept all types of payment and make change.
To perform this job successfully, and individual should have knowledge of/or experience and /or ability to learn with point of sale systems.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
Lifting, Pushing, Pulling, Carrying
Up to 30 lbs.
Up to 30 lbs.
Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands or arms
Noise level is moderate
Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus
Ability to effectively present information in on-on-one and small group situations to guests and other associates in the restaurant.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Hours Required: Will vary based on concept and operating hours of the specific location