Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warehouse Operator (3rd shift) - Syracuse Cold Storage
at Byrne Dairy
|Title:||Warehouse Operator (3rd shift) - Syracuse Cold Storage|
|Department:||Syracuse Cold Storage|
We are looking for a Warehouse Operator (3rd shift - 10:00 pm - 6:30 am)
Job Location: Syracuse, NY
Job Type: Full-time
Shift: 3rd shift - 10:00 pm - 6:30 am
Department: Distribution - Syracuse Cold Storage
The Warehouse Operator is responsible for completing assigned production duties to ensure customer, team member, and vendor satisfaction. The Warehouse Operator does this by accurately loading, unloading trucks and picking orders. The Warehouse Operator completes these functions in the support of the distribution of dairy related products.
- Responsible for achieving assigned goals in the area of warehouse, safety, quality, performance, and cost.
- Pick customer tickets in correct sequence. Pull orders using correct code dates and procedures including proper use of the warehouse management systems.
- Unload product as it arrives to the warehouse and verify quantity, item, and load ID number. Scan pallet label and assign/move item to appropriate location.
- Keep product rotated by date and code for quality purposes. Identify products by labels and date codes and stage for loading.
- Ensure accurate record keeping and document control practices and filing of product movement within the warehouse (inventory).
- Communicate with the Warehouse Supervisor/Lead/Senior on any potential or existing problems that could adversely affect the load schedule or customer satisfaction.
- Notifies others of mechanical malfunctions to increase productivity and equipment capabilities and begins to identify areas where operators can assist in resolving concerns.
- Responsible for complying with GMP’s, SOP’s, corporate and/or warehouse policies, rules, and regulations.
- Provides assistance and support to all areas in the warehouse facility as assigned by supervisor/lead and begins to train and build competence on key areas in warehouse such as forklifts.
- Covers breaks and lunches and other staffing needs as assigned by their supervisor/lead.
- Compliant with all legal requirements concerning safety on their assigned shift and reports concerns to their supervisor/lead.
- Works in a safe manner and reports safety concerns promptly to their supervisor/lead and takes corrective actions as necessary to ensure a safe environment.
- Responsible for reporting food safety problems and initiating action and for supporting SQF by maintaining food safety and food quality.
- Ensures work areas are sanitary and strictly adheres to sanitation practices
- Communicates effectively between shifts and other departments
Essential Knowledge, Skills:
- Ability to apply basic to complex mathematical concepts such as adding, counting, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and knowledge of weights and measure, to sufficiently handle job tasks.
- Understand and respond appropriately to basic to complex employee, vendor, and customer inquiries.
- Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (Other preferences will be given for special language skills when there is a business need).
- Knowledge of company's mission, purpose, goals and your role in achieving each of them.
- Ability to operate facility equipment as required in assigned area.
- Satisfactorily complete all company training requirements.
- Ability to interpret company documents and literature and UPC/code information.
- Minimum of GED or High School Diploma is required
- Direct or related experience of 1 year is required
- Must be able to operate forklifts, pallet jacks (manual/electric)
- Responsible for reporting to work at scheduled times and communicating tardiness and absences with the assigned Supervisor/Manager prior to the occurrence.
- Responsible for reporting to work in a condition to work.
- Responsible for being well-groomed and dressed in a business-and position-appropriate attire at all times including ensuring compliance with GMP dress code standards.
- Comply with performance criteria, standards of conduct as contained in company policy, employment procedures and responsibilities as described in the company handbook.
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times and immediately report and take appropriate action to correct a safety concern.
- Responsible for completing all assigned tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Requires morning, afternoon and overnight availability any day of the week based on assigned shift.
- Requests to be scheduled off for a specific day require advance notification and approval by Supervisor/Manager.
- Hourly: Generally scheduled for 40 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the business.
- Normally exposed to cold temperatures at or around 34 degrees, where possible exposure to hot, wet, humid or windy weather conditions may exist.
- May be subject to exposure to ingredients used in the distribution of food products including allergens
- May be subject to exposure to chemicals involved in the distribution and sanitation of a food warehouse facility.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Ability to move throughout all areas of the facility including but not limited to office and warehouse environments. Including the outside perimeter of the building.
- Able to wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions.
- Stand and/or sit continuously and perform job functions for a full shift with meal break.
- Physically able to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle and move items weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance and move objects exceeding 50 pounds with reasonable accommodations.
- Visual acuity corrected to perform job functions.
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights as well work at heights.
Byrne Dairy offers the following Benefits:
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time-Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurances, etc
- Free Life Insurance Benefit
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus