Buffalo Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher Aide - School #84 - 2019-2020 School Year
at Buffalo Public Schools
|Title:||Teacher Aide - School #84 - 2019-2020 School Year|
BUFFALO, NEW YORK 14202
POSITION: TEACHER AIDE - SCHOOL #84 (Non-Competitive)
SALARY: $12.65/hour + Benefits
LOCATION: School #84 Erie County Health Care Center for Children, 462 Grider St.,Buffalo, NY 14215
APPLICATION: CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION SHOULD COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AVAILABLE ONLINE AT www.buffaloschools.org
Applications successfully received will generate a confirmation email to the account listed on the application. If you do not receive a confirmation email, we cannot guarantee that your application was received. You must submit an application until you receive a confirmation email.
- Teacher aides and assistants will work directly with children, under the direction of the classroom teacher in:
· the areas of self care, feeding, toileting, communication, academics (as planned and monitored by the classroom teacher). You may also be responsible for using proper safety precautions (gloves) to clean up vomit or other toileting accidents.
· pushing wheelchairs and/or assisting walkers to other areas of the building for Art, Physical Education, etc.
· assisting children in Special Area classes, under the direction of the Special Area teacher.
· moving children from sitting positions to floor or mats and back to chairs.
- Teacher aides and assistants will attend therapy sessions to assist/learn how to reinforce programs in the classroom. If the therapy service provider does not wish for you to be present during a therapy session, you must return back to the home base classroom. You will be expected to assist other students in the classroom during this time.
- Teacher aides and assistants will assist children in dressing/undressing during swimming period and will be expected to assist IN the pool. You must be prepared to go swimming every week. This means you must have a bathing suit, towel, etc. in school and ready to use. The physical education/swim instructor(s) will determine what your participation will entail. You must be ready to enter the pool within 10 minutes of the beginning of the swim period.
- Teacher aides and assistants will accompany students on field trips.
- Other duties may be assigned by teacher/therapist/principal depending on additional needs of children within the group.
Assists teachers in the direction and control of children in and out of the classroom;
- Supervises and monitors the classroom when the teacher is out of the room;
- Helps to maintain discipline and structure in the classroom;
- Attends to the physical needs of students;
- Organizes and participates in group games and related activities;
- Assists with projecting slides, film strips and films, videos, DVD, etc.;
Assists teachers in routine classroom preparation duties such as making student folders, charts, schedules, posters and bulletin boards;
Helps teachers to set-up classroom by distributing and gathering materials and setting-up equipment;
- Makes photocopies of materials for lessons;
- Maintains and files records such as attendance, recording of grades or completion of homework assignments;
At the direction of the teacher or principal, contacts parents regarding absences and other student matters;
Performs related duties as required.
Graduation from high school, GED or Equivalency Diploma or an equivalent combination of experience and training sufficient to indicate the ability to perform required duties.
APPOINTMENT: Appointments are subject to the review of the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent following the approval of the City of Buffalo Civil Service Division. Personal interviews shall be scheduled where appropriate.
The Buffalo Board of Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
FINAL FILING DATE: Continuous Posting for 2019-2020 School Year
Associate Superintendent of Human Resources