Bryant & Stratton College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Bryant & Stratton College
Position title: Learning Center Tutor
Location: Buffalo Campus
Reports to: Learning Center Coordinator
Summary: The Learning Center Tutor is part of the Academic Team that supports the success of the students at the Buffalo Campus. The prime responsibility for this position includes, but is not limited to, assisting students in maximizing their full academic potential. The tutors will work closely with faculty and administrative staff in assisting individual students to address issues of academic enhancement and performance. This includes providing a comfortable and non-threatening learning environment for students to pursue both formal and informal academic assistance. By creating an individual and/or group session for students and strengthening student confidence, the outcomes will result in having a positive impact on student academic success and the overall college experience. The tutor will have the responsibility of being the liaison between students, faculty, LCC coordinator, administration, and advisors to ensure successful student outcomes.
- Responsible for working one on one and/or in a group environment. This includes: editing, formatting, assisting in mechanics, and APA referencing.
- Tutoring subjects within a discipline to include but not limited to: simulations of classroom activities, and providing review sessions.
- Responsible for assisting and delivering workshops to students.
- Facilitate communication between students, faculty, advisors, and administrators to achieve successful student outcomes.
- Assist in maintaining records of tutoring and testing activities
- Assist in preparing various reports as requested
- Responsible for working with course syllabus, study guides, assessments, and other additional documents that assist in the student’s academic success.
- Assist with all documentation to ensure that all documentation has been properly completed for testing and tutoring of current and prospective students.
- Comply with the Learning Center and Bryant & Stratton College policies and procedures
- Attend Learning Center staff meetings, campus, market, and system-related meetings as required.
- Assist in maintaining the Learning Center and Testing facility supplies and that the Learning Center appears professional at all times.
- Participate in ongoing, professional tutor training
- Assist in providing testing services and assessment for prospective and current students as needed
- Assist in the recordkeeping of test information and activities (filing and data entry).
- Provide assistance in properly ordering textbooks using the appropriate website.
- Provide assistance to prospective and current students with accessing and navigating current IT services, ie. Email accounts, virtual library, Angel, Self-Service Banner, etc.
- Assist in campus activities that would include but not limited to: orientation, open house, Portfolio Development Day, Career Opportunity Fair, and participate in student events like Dean's List and graduation recognition and/or ceremony.
- Take additional responsibilities as assigned by the learning center coordinator or the appropriate Academic Dean
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with Master’s degree preferred
Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
Self-driven; prioritize multiple tasks
Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Maintain confidential materials and student information
Flexible, positive attitude
Experience in the field of tutoring, and learning assistance, with tutoring certification a plus.
Experience working with a diverse student population is a plus
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to work day, evening and weekend shifts
Demonstrate ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized data system
Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with students and faculty alike
This is a teaching or tutoring position only within the WNY Market.
The position requires a minimum of 10-20 hours per week, with a shift minimum of 4-5 hours per shift.