Bryant & Stratton College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
System Director of Faculty Affairs
at Bryant & Stratton College
The System Director of Faculty Affairs provides leadership and vision for the continuous improvement of teaching and learning at Bryant & Stratton College. This position will develop strategies, services, and support for faculty and develop rich communication with faculty across the system to support teaching excellence. The Director will facilitate collaborative initiatives with faculty to foster best practices in teaching and learning and be responsible for developing a strong faculty development program.
The Director is directly responsible for developing strategies, services, and support for faculty and staff for effective teaching practices and student success. The Director is expected to facilitate collaborative initiatives with academic and support units across campuses and online that foster best practices in teaching and learning. In addition, the Director will create and pursue an agenda that supports BSC pedagogy, and oversee faculty development programming that advances Bryant & Stratton College’s mission.
The System Director of Faculty Affairs will focus on achieving the goals for the College, especially regarding excellence in teaching and learning.
- Promote a campus culture that values and recognizes the importance of teaching excellence and student learning.
- Collaborate with faculty, academic leaders, and committees on quality improvement processes to enhance faculty excellence.
- Utilize established instructional metrics to track faculty performance and develop effective instructional techniques and teaching methodologies that lead to improved faculty performance.
- Provide leadership and planning for all faculty development activities designed to support Bryant & Stratton College’s teaching community.
- Promote inclusive excellence in teaching and the infusion of diversity into the classroom.
- Develop and manage faculty communication strategy to support faculty.
- Maintain expertise in the knowledge of trends in higher education, innovations, research, and best teaching practices to foster innovations in teaching that enhances learning outcomes.
- Represent the College at a range of external groups in relation to the development of effective learning and teaching approaches.
- Support campuses to develop and implement procedures to monitor and maintain faculty information to ensure compliance.
An earned doctorate within a related academic discipline
7-10 year of experience in the facilitation, coordination, guidance, education, and consultation with/of campus associates and peer departments relative to position-related duties and responsibilities and assigned strategic initiatives.
- Experienced with teaching face-to-face, blended and online courses.
- Evidence of the ability to plan, deliver, and assess professional development for a diverse post-secondary faculty body.
- Demonstrated knowledge of instructional design and learning theory for adult and professional education.
- Progressive experience in an organization focused on teaching and learning; knowledge of College cultures
A minimum of 7 years of successful full time administrative and management level experience that includes staff supervision (hiring and annual reviews), and budget management.
Evidence of excellent teaching in higher education (e.g., portfolio, teaching evaluations, etc...).
Proven organizational skills including the ability to be flexible, creative and able to work collaboratively with others - specifically students, faculty and staff.
A track record of engaging with a diverse set of stakeholders and colleagues to craft a common vision and direction.
Experience in delivering professional development training.
This position is located at our Southtowns location, 200 Redtail, Orchard Park, NY 14127.