Bryant & Stratton College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019 - Program Director of Business Academics
at Bryant & Stratton College
2019 – Business Faculty – Full-Time
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS
Degree Requirements: A Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) or a PhD in Business is required. (Prior teaching experience at college level is preferred). This is a full-time teaching position for the Albany Market.
- Provide instruction with the focus on teaching and learning to help assure students in each class successfully meet all course outcomes and classroom objectives.
- Plan for and facilitate instruction consistent with the Community of Inquiry Framework and the Seven Principles for Good Practice.
- Assure appropriate course-level rigor in class instruction and assessment methodologies consistent with the College’s Rigor Standards Framework through the development, integration, and delivery of course content planning documents including but not limited to supplemental syllabi, lesson plans, and assessments.
- Integrate and include instruction and assessment of each of the College’s four lifelong learning competencies in each course taught.
- Establish and maintain a classroom climate consistent with the College values, education promise, and personalized promise.
- Maintain one Skills Assistance contact hour per week for every five instructional hours assigned to support the classroom’s teaching and learning process by publishing a skills assistance schedule each term and actively promoting (and assigning when necessary) student attendance.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Maintain a current knowledge of teaching discipline/field of study as evidenced by active participation in professional organizations, maintenance of current scholarly collection of resources (through virtual library), and engagement in active, on-going dialogue with peer faculty.
- Participate in program, campus/market, and system faculty development opportunities, including program-specific and campus-wide faculty meetings and in-services and market- and system-sponsored in-services.
- Document professional development and learning in an electronic portfolio (Optimal Resume).
- Fulfill administrative duties.
- Meet requirements for creation, distribution, and retention and/or submission of beginning- and end-of-term paperwork.
- Maintain one Administrative contact hour per week for every five instructional contact hours assigned.
- Adhere to, uphold, and comply with all established operational policies and procedures as described in operating documentation (Official Catalog, Faculty Guide, Associate Guide).
- Participate in curriculum monitoring and development process by providing feedback on curriculum to PDs and/or System-level curriculum team.
- Attend required College functions including graduation and special activities.
- Participate in campus-wide initiatives in support of recruitment, retention, and graduation goal attainment including, but not limited to, monitoring, adjusting (when needed), and assessing classroom and program retention/graduation, and meeting with program advisors on a regular basis to discuss student performance and academic concerns.
- Evaluate and provide feedback on student admission, progression, retention, and graduation policies within the framework of BSC.
- Participate in academic advisement and counseling of students.
- Provide opportunities for student and graduate evaluation of curriculum and teaching and program effectiveness.