Bronx Neighborhood Stabilization Program
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Schools Parent Engagement and Student Activities Specialist (Bilingual)
at Bronx Neighborhood Stabilization Program
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Community Schools Parent Engagement and Student Activities Specialist will provide administrative support to Rising Ground Community School team and work closely with the Parent Coordinator and other school staff at IS 217 to plan community activities and events.
- Plan and coordinate extracurricular activities for students and families including field trips, celebration events, student clubs, and other activities as needed
- Work closely with the Parent Coordinator to plan family workshops and increase parent engagement
- Meet with school community leaders to assess school wide needs and create partnerships and activities to address those needs
- Maintain database of student contact information and communicate with guardians on a consistent basis
- Maintain accurate records that document all activities conducted and services provided
- Be an active member of interdisciplinary teams and attend professional development training as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working with children and/or adolescents in a school setting preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) required
- DOE fingerprinting and background clearances
- Sensitivity to the cultural diversity of our population
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills