Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Event Producer - Live Events
at AVI-SPL, Inc.
The Event Producer of Live Events is a dedicated and enthusiastic individual with a proven track record in producing social and corporate events. The right candidate will be confident in producing events from start to finish with a strong grasp on logistics and operations to run events globally. This requires a person who is highly organized, great at time management and problem solving.
Candidates who will thrive in this roll will be a resilient, versatile, multi-tasker, who has a willingness to work on multiple projects against hard deadlines and schedules. The ability to travel (specifically across the U.S. and internationally) sometimes at short notice, to execute events is a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with the client to help determine the design of the program, including all elements such as music, voice over, graphics, videos and inbound and outbound feeds
- In consultation with the client, develop a show flow showing all elements of the program, create budget if appropriate
- Advise client as to options and best approaches for any technical or creative elements of production
- Rehearse and work with client to be ready for production
- When required help create assets for show, be they graphics, video, set, music, etc.
- Work with technical crew and house staff in lead up to make sure correct equipment and facilities are available and in working condition as needed for show
- Review staffing and crew for specific show, ensure correct people and positions are accounted for
- Secure freelancers to fill any available spots where help is needed
- Order via rental house additional assets such as set, furniture, additional microphones, cameras, etc. not normally part of package
- Supervise load in and set up of all elements needed
- Brief crew as to their rolls and the specifics of that particular production
- Rehearse with crew and review all technical elements to ensure they are ready for show
- Work and rehearse with talent to get them comfortable and adapt existing materials as needed for show
- Brief talent as to the mechanics of the show
- Manage crew and show. Supervise director and/or call show as appropriate
- Post show, review all elements both successful and unsuccessful, debrief crew and create action plan to deal with any issues
- Follow up with client to see if expectations were met and how to improve for next project
Education & Skills
- Education Level preferred: 4 Year College Degree
- Years Total Experience: 5
- Ability to interface and work with executive management in a highly dynamic, demanding, and mobile environment
- Superior customer service and analytical abilities
- Strong technical aptitude and a desire to learn and work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple concurrent projects effectively.
- Work regular hours, plus ability to be on call and to work off-hours to address problems and complete project
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with senior executives and their staff
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Strong people, process, and business focus
- Team oriented
- Ability to embrace ownership of and accountability for tasks/projects
- Ability to train customers to use technology
- Critical thinking skills
- Excel and Power Point - Intermediate level or higher
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional office environment and can occasionally be required to drive to client sites.
The physical demands of this position are those that are necessary to meet the responsibilities and essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, be able to climb ladders up to 20 feet tall and be able to work in small spaces and on uneven surfaces. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- This position does not have any direct reports
AVI-SPL reserves the right to alter work hours and work location as deems necessary
AVI-SPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Disabled/Veteran Protected
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
AVI-SPL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law