Atria Senior Living
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Laundry Attendant - Atria Park of Great Neck
at Atria Senior Living
- Facilities - Maintenance
- Community Name
- Park of Great Neck
- Requisition ID
- Employment Type
Laundry Attendant Services
- Performs all laundry duties including:
- washing, drying, and ironing resident laundry and community linens and textiles in provided appliances
- folding and/or hanging laundry appropriately
- distributing laundered articles and linens
- replacing and hanging draperies
- changing beds
- mopping laundry room floor and washing walls regularly
- washing windows around the community as requested
- Ensures resident’s laundry is kept separated and is not mixed with other residents.
- Keeps laundry area maintained in a safe, clean and good working condition.
- Disinfects and sterilizes equipment and supplies.
- Stocks laundry and cleaning cart with supplies.
- Empties wastebaskets, and transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Must successfully complete all Atria specified training programs.
- Able to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Able to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Able to perform these operations using units of United States currency and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Able to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Able to work various schedules and shifts as needed.
- Able to safely perform duties using related commercial laundry equipment and materials such as washers, dryers, irons, etc.
Laundry Attendant, Housekeeping, Laundress, Housekeeper, Janitorial, Janitor
What’s the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on earth. What’s more, you are part of an extraordinary company – one that’s investing in the future of senior living by investing in you. Don’t just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life.
Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living, and memory care communities in more than 225 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them continue making a difference in our world.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected classifications.