Atria Senior Living
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Concierge - Atria 86th Street
at Atria Senior Living
- Admin - Clerical
- Community Name
- West 86
- Requisition ID
- Employment Type
- Serves as point of contact for all resident requests and telephone calls except those of an emergency nature (includes, but not limited to helping residents who require assistance making outgoing calls; answering questions about activities, outings, and appointment times; putting residents in contact with appropriate dept. managers; providing stamps; making change).
- Coordinates services for residents and their family members (includes, but not limited to dry cleaning, grocery and drug store delivery, dinner reservations, beauty parlor services, theater and movie tickets, and transportation services; following up after services were rendered to confirm that they were satisfactory).
- Maintains extremely high standards of customer service (includes, but not limited to meeting with all new residents and, when appropriate, their family members within 48 hours of arrival to explain concierge services; tracking residents’ and family members’ concerns and complaints and immediately making department managers aware).
- Answers questions regarding local stores, attractions and services.
- Ensures that the lobby area and first floor common areas and restrooms are at all times clean and welcoming (includes, but not limited to making sure that background music is appropriate and in keeping with residents’ tastes; ordering fresh floral arrangements and changing the water daily; doing a 1st floor walk through at the start of shift and every 2 hours afterwards and communicating with housekeeping and maintenance staff persons regarding any areas of concern).
- Coordinates the community’s transportation schedule (includes, but not limited to being aware of Engage Life outings and coordinating medical transportation that does not conflict; scheduling appointments for residents and, when Atria transportation is not available, assisting residents in coordinating alternative transportation; providing written confirmation of appointments for residents; making reminder calls to residents prior to medical appointments and Engage Life outings to help insure that transportation leaves on-time).
- Serves as a liaison between the dining room and residents (includes, but not limited to accepting guest meal reservations and communicating these reservations to the dining room manager; making reminder calls to residents who are not in the dining room at their scheduled meal time; maintaining R.S.V.P. lists for community events, family events and holiday meals).
- May supervise the front desk reception staff and drivers; maintains a working knowledge of the Security/Door Attendant and Receptionist positions and provides coverage as needed.
- May drive company vehicle from community to social and other various destinations (only if required by community).
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic First Aid and CPR certification where required.
- Must successfully complete all Atria specified training programs.
- Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Able to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Able to work various schedules and shifts as needed.
- Able to operate: telephone, emergency call system, monitoring board or beeper, photocopier. Able to work various schedules and shifts as needed.
What’s the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on earth. What’s more, you are part of an extraordinary company – one that’s investing in the future of senior living by investing in you. Don’t just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life.
Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living, and memory care communities in more than 225 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them continue making a difference in our world.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected classifications.