Arch Capital Group Ltd
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
M&A - Integration Director
at Arch Capital Group Ltd
- Job ID
- Business Segment
- # of Openings
- Mergers and Acquisition
The M&A Integration Director position is responsible for leading the integration efforts of acquired organizations onto the McNeil & Company platform. Seamless integration will be a key competitive advantage for McNeil & Company versus other potential acquirers, and this position will ensure that objective is achieved and that acquired organizations will be able to promote this capability. This position is directly accountable for the following responsibilities:
- Build integrations plan templates that can create repeatable processes
- Engage in transactions prior to closing to build knowledge of organization, assist in the development of operational plans post-close, and build relationships with leadership and staff of target
- Tailor integration plans based on specifics of individual acquisitions
- Provide support to acquisition team prior to close (due diligence, financial modeling, etc.) as necessary
- Lead execution of all aspects of integration plans according to established targets
- Assist in execution of business initiatives during integration/transition period to ensure achievement of financial goals and leading indicators
- Serve as visible leader and representative from McNeil & Company and Arch at acquired organization to demonstrate culture and values of organization, and welcome new colleagues
- Manage integration initiatives versus specific targets in integration plan
- Measure the achievement of specific financial measures and leading indicators throughout the integration/transition period
- Collaborate with acquisition team to assist in transaction and develop knowledge necessary to create integration plan
- Work closely with all relevant functions (IT, accounting, claims, HR, marketing/sales, operations, underwriting) at McNeil & Company and Arch (as necessary) to build and execute integration plans.
- Partner with management and staff of acquired businesses to execute integration plan, assimilate into McNeil & Company, and achieve financial targets during integration/transition phase.
- Experience in the operational integration of mergers & acquisitions is strongly preferred
- Strong strategic and critical thinking capabilities
- Broad understanding of insurance operations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment
- Excellent team player with a proven background of leading through influence
- Organized and detail oriented
- Solid project management, conflict resolution and people management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Objective, ability to problem solve and multi-task
- Must be a self-starter, demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
- High level of integrity and strict adherence to protecting confidential information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and executive presence
- 5+ years of experience in managing acquisitions, preferably in insurance distribution
- B.S. preferred, advanced degrees are a plus
- Legal Background a strong advantage
McNeil & Company (“McNeil”), a leader in specialized risk assessment and insurance, announced that it has entered into an agreement under which Arch Capital Group Ltd. (NASDAQ: ACGL)(“Arch”), a leading global insurer, will acquire McNeil & Company
McNeil & Co., headquartered in Cortland, New York, will operate as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Arch Insurance.
McNeil & Company provides specialized hands-on product design, risk management, underwriting and claims expertise. An integrated, cross-departmental approach enables information to flow freely between marketers, underwriters, risk management staff and claims operations.
McNeil & Company is very much risk management oriented and employs staff of the highest caliber. Many of our people have hands-on industry experience as well as professional insurance and legal backgrounds which allow us to more effectively relate to the special needs of our clients. The corporate culture at McNeil & Company is cross-functional, enabling the application of one’s expertise and knowledge when and where needed, rather than being constrained by traditional department divisional lines. In an industry where reputation is everything, our company enjoys consistently solid marks when compared to other specialists or general suppliers of insurance.